Physical address change to get different local channels on Dish Network

I tried changing my address to one in the Pacific Time Zone so I could watch local games earlier in the day.... it didn't work. :(

many years ago i changed to a address of a school in oil city a white area...

worked great till my 721 died, and idiot csr didnt follow directions and shipped the replacement receiver to the school. i drove 5 hours round trip to pick it up. lots of long looks with the principal who i gave a free laminator repair too later...

principal remarked this is the 2 time this has occured

Reactions: anex80
Yeah, but a truck roll will always go to the service address. No exceptions.
When I upgraded to the Hopper I told them to come to my billing address, not the service address (I "moved" to get different locals). They said OK, they came, they installed the Hopper, and they left. Never once did they question installing the Hopper at my billing address as opposed to my service address.
That's what I call good service.

When I upgraded to the Hopper I told them to come to my billing address, not the service address (I "moved" to get different locals). They said OK, they came, they installed the Hopper, and they left. Never once did they question installing the Hopper at my billing address as opposed to my service address.
That's what I call good service.

I have to say I have not heard of them agreeing to go to a mailing address.

If you called a local installer like I have yes, I was responding to the post I quoted where it appears it was a DISH installer. If DISH is paying for it wouldn't it take an installer actually lying as to where the install was done? If you are paying for it and call a local installer you can get whatever you want done.

If you called a local installer like I have yes, I was responding to the post I quoted where it appears it was a DISH installer.

So that maybe the key is to find a local installer to do a box swap if DirecTV insists on rolling a truck. Just tell them you a have a local installer on the way to do whatever and send them to your billing address which in theory still should have the dish installed. When I moved I told the CSR that a SWM dish was already there and the rooms had a coax jack in each of them. They seemed to buy it and I declined the free movers deal with a Genie setup, as i really don't watch that much TV to justify it and and happy with my current setup and not but be in a contract. The only issue is I have an older DVR that may have to be replaced in the future so I will have to convince them to send it to my billing address, and will have to make up some BS for them to send a return shipping box via UPS if they want it back. The access they will want back in case there are any pay-per-view charges that were not phoned home. They send a return envelope for that. The DVR is an older silver one so they most likely will not want it back anyway.

If I am understanding what you posted, I don't know how Directv works but with DISH they simply are not going to send a replacement receiver to the billing address. If DISH is sending a free replacement for a defective receiver I don't know if instead you can arrange that with a local installer to have them not come to the service address with that free replacement. If you buy the receiver no problem.

Does anyone know that if you change your address, is the guide data on the OTA channels from the real locals or the address locals?

and, if you have an OTA antenna, you will see the address locals and the moved locals in the guide! Now, if you only get the satellite locals, and those locals are from a moved address, you will see the moved locals in the guide.

If one "moves" to a neighboring time zone, as mentioned above, is the clock off by one hour?

I don't think you can change the time zone on a Dish receiver. I know you used to could change them on a DirecTV receiver because I did it. That's one thing I wish you could change.

I don't think you can change the time zone on a Dish receiver. I know you used to could change them on a DirecTV receiver because I did it. That's one thing I wish you could change.
He is asking if it will match the address he gives Dish or if the clock will match where he is physically.

He is asking if it will match the address he gives Dish or if the clock will match where he is physically.

I know that. That is what I was saying. The receiver changes to the time zone of the "moved" service address. DirecTV's receivers allow (or used to) you to set the clock to any time zone regardless of where your "moved" address is located. I could "move" to markets in the eastern time zone with DTV and change my receiver clocks to central.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)