Pic Quality HELP

ClydeC

Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
I just had my Dish system hooked up yesterday.

1. I got the 622 system.
2. I have a Toshiba HD tv in the living room and the quality is the best and I really like the pic quality, I still have troulbe with sound. I am running sound to my reciever but also running the HDMI to the receiver. I can't get sound through the TV?

3. The TV PIC QUALITY in the bedroom is snowy. I replaced the TV but the quality is still poor or I should say I can get better quality with my OTA.

HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY PIC QUALITY IN THE BEDROOM?

Thanks, Clyde

Does the extra TV that runs off the 622 Receiver have a lower quality picture just because it doesn't have a receiver of its own? Or if my technician used just a plain coax cable in my bedroom to my SD TV does that affect the picture quality. I just hate not having a clear picture where you can see a little snow or just fuzz.

Audio is not enabled on the 622 hdmi need red white or optical cables for audio. Tv 2 may need an amplifier or try changing the channel in the menus that tv2 is distributed on.

Regarding the bedroom TV, go into the 622 menus and look for the setting that determines what channel it broadcasts TV2 on. My installer set it to Cable and used 116, which should be free of any interference. Then make sure your TV is on that same channel. If that doesn't work, you might try replacing the cable between the 622 and TV2, or at least strip the ends and install new connectors (your installer should have done that if he reused a cable).

MikeD-C05 said:
You should get the lowest form of dolby digital sound, but no dolby digital 5.1 surround sound with Dish 's version of hdmi.

Does having 5.1 sound on your television matter? I only have two speakers on mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)