Pic: Some sor tof new software d/l in progress?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

magnetic1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2004
I was watching a movie tongiht and all of a sudden the STB shuts itself off and reboots... when it came back up.. it looked like this:

Is this one of those software updates that come on at night? or something else? Seems odd they would do it at about midnight EST.

Attachments

• IMGP0691.JPG
    IMGP0691.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 378
508 and 568 are version numbers... maybe a d/l is coming soon? Check your system settings. Does it give a target software version other than N/A?

This is a software update. Some times it can take up to 24hrs. You can check your software version by pressing the voom button on your remote, then pressing help, and then info. There will be an nep # and it should be 568. That is the lattest software version. If it is 508, simply put the stb in standby mode before you go to bed by pressing the SAT button on the remote. This will allow the stb to receive software downloads during the night and prevent it from happening in the day.

welp.. its been about 30 mins now and its still doing stuff.

The "matrix" is gone, but now I have a purple screen and the VOOM light bars on the right of the STB are just cycling through...

THe old 508 version did not update time for day light savings and there was issues with the dvi cable and local programming.

FInally.. its back up.

checking my System Version I dont show the "NEXT" upgrade... its only 568.

:(

EPG: 1.9.6D
QTV: C0117
NEP: 568

568 is what is supposed to be. If it says downloading info from sat. changing the channels may hinder the process of the download.

ya.. it finished. The screen was purple, then it rebooted itself and came back up.

At least my time is correct now... :yes

Yes, the screen-shot above is a typical download screen for software upgrade from 5.08 to 5.68. You are on the latest version now.

Once the stb starts downloading you cannot do anything with the it and just wait until its done. This usually takes about 30 min.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)