Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Got me one of those new fashionable pond liners today that pick up those birdfishies from outer space today! :D The dish looks great, well taken care of. Its defiantly a Pinnicle CK 1088. We had to disassemble the dish straight down in order to safely transport it. (See Pics) The main source of rust on the dish was from old bolts, but the majority of them were changed out. A little TLC on the dish will go a long way, even though there isn't really the need for much of it. We did get a few dings from the two hour trip to its new home and rub against the trailer. It looks allot worse than what it really is and can be fixed with spray paint.

I did notice something when I took off the feed horn from the scalar ring. The dish was set a .36. I will be putting my Ortho on it, but at like .32. The guy said that it worked great, but I cant see it working to well with the dish being deep, and set at the wrong F/D Ratio. I would like to match the .278 F/D Ratio but I dont think that its possible with the ortho, so going at its lowest setting will most likely be the best route.

What do you all think? IMG_0146.JPGIMG_0148.JPGIMG_0143.JPG

Looks in great condition. I transport my pond liners in quarters, and put padding between each segment. And block them in such a way that they can't move. At all.

I transported a bad segment loose on a trailer to see what would happen, and I was surprised how much powder coating rubbed off in just 2 miles of bouncing.

When things touch during transit, they vibrate and get damaged.
Blankets would have minimized any troubles.
Hope it's only cosmetic; damaging such a nice dish would be a hangin' offense. :cool:

I relied on the big bolts that hold the dish to the mount.
After removing the dish from the mount, we inserted bolts through two 10' long 2x6's into the back of the dish.
I planned ahead, with extra long bolts, extra nuts, and big washers. ;)
Used multiple cargo straps to tie down the boards.
That allowed the dishes to point straight up, with feeds in place.
Drove 'em home with -nothing- touching them! :)

Anole, Yes its only cosmetic. Only a bit of the paint got scraped off from rub. It looks alot worse than what it really is. The mesh is still fine, and there isnt a ding there thankfully.

Always glad to hear of BUDs being saved, Thanks for the pics. As long as nothing is bent or dinged don't worry.

Unless the dishes have stainless hardware I always replace all the bolts etc for ease of reassembly. Many rusted fasteners break during removal anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)