Pico Peaker

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
Digging through my old satellite stuff I found an old Pico Peaker Model PP-1450 satellite signal strength meter.

First thought I had was now I can really fine tune my dish. The meter has coax connections on the back one marked in the other out. On the front there is a signal meter, a switch which can be positioned at "in" or "out" , a reset push button and a knob marked max sens.

Anyone have the manual on this, or tell me how to use it.

Goggle was not my friend on this one. I can find many for sale but no manual or operating instructions.

Thanks

JAS

Would this help?

hxxp://www.installs.com/docs/SBCA/ch09.pdf

Photto

Thanks for taking the time to try and help. Unfortunately the document only mentions that it is one of the meters which can be used as test equipment. No manual or instructions.

I did find the following:

" I think I have the same meter. It is easy to use and very sensitive. Mine is called a "Pico Peaker" There is also an atten switch which has 2 positions, "in" or "out" start with the atten switch in the "out position" There is also a sensitivity knob. Start with the sensitivity all the way at "max". The reset button is used to re-zero the meter each time you obtain maximum deflection of the needle to the left. As you move the dish and start to acquire a signal, the needle on the meter will swing to the left. When the needle reaches the leftmost position, stop moving the dish, and press the red reset button for 3 seconds. The needle should swing and stay all the way to the right after you press the reset button. If the needle does not swing back to the right, then the sensitivity knob is set "too sensitive" and needs to be dialed back. When the sensitivity knob is dialed back to the correct level, you should be able to press the reset button and have the needle swing back to the right and stay there. Then with the needle on the right of the scale, move the dish another click or 2 and watch the needle swing to the left again. Then press the reset button for 3 seconds again and the needle should again go to the right end of the scale. Then move the dish a click or 2 again and the needle should move to the left if the signal is still getting stronger as the dish moves. Keep repeating moving he dish and pressing the reset button until you get to a point where moving the dish no longer causes the needle to deflect to the left. At the point where dish movement no longer causes the needle to move from right to left, you have reached "peak Signal" and your dish is on target. Of course you can also use the meter to tell if the dish is at the correct inclination/declination, by pulling or pushing in the edge of the dish and watching the meter to see if the signal gets stronger or weaker as you pull and push on the edge of the dish. The whole thing to remember is this, as the needle on the meter goes to the left, the signal is getting stronger, and when the meter goes all the way to the left, then you re-zero the meter by pressing the reset button for 3 seconds, and causing the needle to reset itself to the right hand side of the scale. At that point you move the dish some more until the needle reaches the left again and keep repeating until the needle no longer travels further to the left, which indicates you have the dish on target. "

The only thing not mentioned is the coax connections. If I remember correctly It's backwards from the way I think it should be. My thoughts are, the out connection to the dish and the in connection to the receiver.

JAS

Digging through my old satellite stuff I found an old Pico Peaker Model PP-1450 satellite signal strength meter.

First thought I had was now I can really fine tune my dish. The meter has coax connections on the back one marked in the other out. On the front there is a signal meter, a switch which can be positioned at "in" or "out" , a reset push button and a knob marked max sens.

Anyone have the manual on this, or tell me how to use it.

Goggle was not my friend on this one. I can find many for sale but no manual or operating instructions.

Thanks

JAS

Here you go :up

Mine is called a Sky Peaker - but I think it is the same, I looked your model up and found this image: PICO MACOM PEAKER MODEL PP-1450 SATELLITE SIGNAL STRENGTH METER RF ELECTRONICS ACCESSORIES

Attachments

• SkyPeaker.pdf
    58.1 KB · Views: 991
Status
Please reply by conversation.