Pics of the latest dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok I think I'm done with the slightly modified six footer for now. I had to drill a hole or two extra to mount the dish ring to the mount. It's a Fortec Star with a mount from Sadoun. The stand is gone and the pole is up. I really like the design of the pole and the way it mounts. It was one less hole I had to dig in the yard too. The base is the concrete top from an old picnic table someone left at the house years ago. Also got a HARL 24" acuator and well the Gbox is inside the house. I really like the GBox. So far I've got 87W to 127W. Hopefully this winter I can sit inside in a warm place, and watch Tv and not have to get out and turn or move a dish! Next project is to make the old 8.5 foot Paraclipse move....maybe next spring ....Blind:)

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    917.4 KB · Views: 299
Now that's a great idea.. about the picnic wooded table.

The picnic table top is concrete. I remember seeing them back in the 1960's. When we moved to our house five years ago someone left it in the weeds. Nothing like recycling lol. Ice don't worry I've got 4 or five skids over by the wood pile too. I'll use them for future dishes...Blind:)

The picnic table top is concrete. I remember seeing them back in the 1960's. When we moved to our house five years ago someone left it in the weeds. Nothing like recycling lol. Ice don't worry I've got 4 or five skids over by the wood pile too. I'll use them for future dishes...Blind:)

That table top is giving me some fresh ideas about how to make my SD180G less azimuthly challenged ;) ...

Yeah loved finding that old picnic table top last year in the weeds. Tron I had this dish mounted on the concrete pad and had to manually go out and move it. I had the bottom of the ring all marked with the old sharpie pen too. I marked all the elevations as well. I just didn't tighten the clamps that held the dish in place too tight. It worked real good. Every couple of months I'd have to remark everything though. In the winter I was getting too lazy to go out and move it lol. I figure I spent less than $300 additional to make that sucker move at the touch of a button. Next project? who knows Blind

Corrado, I'm at work so no way to take a pic of how it attaches today. I used six good old fashioned lead anchors with 3/8" leg scews that were about 1 1/4" long. I was really surprised how solid the mount is. Now all I ned is a big wind to check it out. I'll try and get a pic tonight. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts