Picture Drop Outs using DVI

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Ever since I had my voom box swapped out I have been having black screen radomly happening for a few seconds on every channel. I am hoping its not my Sammy DLP having problems. Would you suggest getting another box? I don't have any problems when I use the component connections.

If I remember correctly, V* has admitted to some compatability problems with DVI and said they hoped to address it with the next software dump. The Samsung having problems has been mentioned before by other members/users.

same problem

I have the same problem with my Toshiba.. hope they remedy it soon..it's been a while.

I am glad I am not the only one having problems with the DVI connection. I was beginning to think it was my TV. Hopefully the software upgrade is coming by the end of the month.

In which channel are you guys getting the "black screen". I used to get it on ESPN-HD every few seconds. Now I don't. I see them a few times like while watching the Sopranos last week one big "Green Screen Splash" followed by a "Black Screen".

Sean,

I have been experiencing them on all channels. I never had this problem until the installer switched out my receiver. I am hoping its not my TV's input.

I'm getting it on S-Video also. I have my pj hooked up via DVI but I monitor on a small 13" monitor hooked up via S-Video and when the DVI blanks, so does the S-Video.

Sean Mota said:
In which channel are you guys getting the "black screen". I used to get it on ESPN-HD every few seconds. Now I don't. I see them a few times like while watching the Sopranos last week one big "Green Screen Splash" followed by a "Black Screen".
I was having the same problem. Im using Monster DVI4 (high quality cable). I was getting the dropouts on TNTHD(521) and PB(701) and EncoreHD (271?). I hate the video stutter problem and don't stay on a station very long. I just switch back to my D* HD feeds while Voom attempts to get thier act together.

I wonder if this problem is more receiver specific. Some of us are seeing all the time while others see it once in a while and others do not see it at all. Makes you wonder.

compatibility

I was told by Voom that it is a compatibility problem with some tvs, box DV-I setups. they say they're working on it

I switch over to the DVI connection last night and watch it for about 6 hours. I had no troubles. Did Voom get out a fix or was it a fluke??

The only thing I did two nights ago was a reboot and I left the receiver on.

jimmykce1 said:
I switch over to the DVI connection last night and watch it for about 6 hours. I had no troubles. Did Voom get out a fix or was it a fluke??

The only thing I did two nights ago was a reboot and I left the receiver on.

I have been on DVI since I was installed. The Black Screen problem that I was experiencing on ESPN-HD is gone. Now I get a random "Green Splash" follow by a "Black Screen" once in a blue moon. It is random. I do not remember the last time I have to reboot my stb since I haven't had a need to do so. I usually turn it off at night time.

Sean Mota said:
I have been on DVI since I was installed. The Black Screen problem that I was experiencing on ESPN-HD is gone. Now I get a random "Green Splash" follow by a "Black Screen" once in a blue moon. It is random. I do not remember the last time I have to reboot my stb since I haven't had a need to do so. I usually turn it off at night time.
The green splash without blacking out, but green pixelations and sploches occured all night long during the 521 TNT of Lakers game Tuesday night. Since I dont have 521 on D* i had to suffer through this.. they got to get this stuff fixed!!!!!!!!!

flipper2001 said:
The green splash without blacking out, but green pixelations and sploches occured all night long during the 521 TNT of Lakers game Tuesday night. Since I dont have 521 on D* i had to suffer through this.. they got to get this stuff fixed!!!!!!!!!

I wonder why you got it and I did not see on TNT-HD. Anybody else saw it on TNT-HD? flipper, I am not doubting you. Just trying to see if the problem is spread to others on that particular night.

Well, since the past two nights, I haven't experienced any "black screens".

I didn't watch the game last night but I can verify that both of my boxes are blacking out periodically on both S-Video and Composite. I was watching Playboy on my 27" TV last night and it only has Composite and I got several blackouts in a relatively short period of time.

The problem seems to come and go. Last night there was no problem at all, other then the 15 second stutters.. What errks me is how the voom group is completely unresponsive to my problem. I'm tired of repeating the story and not getting any answer. I have a lot of beans to spill but I dont want to get anyone in trouble until I give them a fair chance to get back to me. 3 weeks and counting currently since I got any response from Voom. I'm going to send another email to Wilt this weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)