Picture freezing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ajah

Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Okay Hope I am in the right forum. I have recently purchased off of ebay a H 10 receiver and installed a triple lnb so I can get HD programming. I installed the triple lnb and can get 70s-80s on sat 101, 64- 71 on 103, high 50s to low 60,s on 119. When I further adjust to try and get better signal I lose on 119. However final set up tells me all is ok. The HD receiver tends to freeze the picture all the time, while the other receiver I have running never has a problem. I have switched the receivers and still have the same problem, so it can't be a cable issue. While the picture freezes on the H10 the audio keeps running. And the Hughes receiver keeps going. By the way it seems to freeze on every channel some go a little longer than others. Now it is windy here and the dish seems to shake a little. Would that be it and how come it isn't affecting the other receiver. Hopefully someone can help me troubleshoot.

I cant tell you why one reciever would work and the other wont...but I would def get that dish tightened, and try to peak the dish as much as you can....even if you have to have a installer come out. I believe if you do this it will def help as it does sound like you are having a signal issue. I say all that but it could be a bad box, or other detail but pretty sure from what I have heard from you its a signal issue. Is there anyway you can peak that thing a little more if you cant call an installer and check back in with us? and also :welcome

Well I have at least 80 for a signal on most some a little higher some a little lower. But when I run a test scan, I will now and then get a faulty lnb message. But I still don't know why it doesn't affect the other receiver. Or is the new receiver more sensitive than the older?

I have determined it must be the receiver now does anybody know how to fix it??????????? What would cause the receiver to freeze the picture randomly and on all channels but not at the same time? Thanx for your input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)