Picture pixelated..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fluffy McNutter

Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Wisconsin
My HD has been crystal clear up to a week ago when the picture started to get pixelated. You can see it around peoples bodies and objects on the screen. I had someone from Dish come look at it today, he thought it was the input but as soon as he left I saw it was still there. We also tried a new HDMI cord. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

My HD has been crystal clear up to a week ago when the picture started to get pixelated. You can see it around peoples bodies and objects on the screen. I had someone from Dish come look at it today, he thought it was the input but as soon as he left I saw it was still there. We also tried a new HDMI cord. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

All I can say is get used to it. It has been an ongoing problem due to compression. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it other than to just deal with it. It is really annoying to view these artifacts and ruin your pq but this is a result of us wanting more channels in HD. I believe the reason it varies as Dish's encoders are variable as well. All you can do is to complain to Dish but at then end of the day nothing will probally be done.

HD or SD?

What kind of TV are you watching this on?

All I can say is get used to it. It has been an ongoing problem due to compression. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it other than to just deal with it. It is really annoying to view these artifacts and ruin your pq but this is a result of us wanting more channels in HD. I believe the reason it varies as Dish's encoders are variable as well. All you can do is to complain to Dish but at then end of the day nothing will probally be done.

Hardly. Compression artifacts and pix-elation are two different animals. OP was fine until all of a sudden.

Starting to think what I'm seeing are these what you call "compression artifacts." But is it common for it to only happen around faces and objects? Also why would it just suddenly drop off in quality?

It may be the power supply of the unit may be going bad. What sat rec is it?

It's the vip 722k. The guy that came replaced it though. Didn't make a difference. So I'm starting to thhink it's just compression. But what I'm wondering is why this would happen after having a perfect picture up to this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts