Picture Quality AWESOME ON NEW VOOM TIER !

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
I called first thing Sunday morning and had them add the Voom Tier, that was after adding a 61.5 dish on Saturday. I finally got to watch it last night. I started out on Rush HD. I must say some of the scenery shots were like WOW! Really what HD was meant to be !!!!!!!!!!

Where's Carmen Electra?

Attachments

• carmen_electra%20025.jpg
    carmen_electra%20025.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 380
I am a former Voom subscriber. For the last 2 months, I have been reading posts here about SD PQ not being too good. I switched to Dish on May 1 with an 811 set on 1080i component video connected to my 30 inch Gateway LCD HDTV.

For me, the PQ is sharper on both the Voom HD channels and on some of the SD channels like CNN and History Channel now that I am on Dish 811 compared to how they looked on the Voom receiver.

JH1949 said:
I am a former Voom subscriber. For the last 2 months, I have been reading posts here about SD PQ not being too good. I switched to Dish on May 1 with an 811 set on 1080i component video connected to my 30 inch Gateway LCD HDTV.

For me, the PQ is sharper on both the Voom HD channels and on some of the SD channels like CNN and History Channel now that I am on Dish 811 compared to how they looked on the Voom receiver.
Was the guide information off on the Voom service as it is on Dish Net?

JH1949 said:

-----

I just came over from VOOM and the PQ on the SD's are much better
on my DISH 811 than VOOM was.

I Must Admit!

The VOOM 10 on Dish is Much better then it was on VOOM,and the SD is better as well. Great job Dish........Thought I would miss VOOM,But DISH is doing a better job with PQ IM' Loving VOOM HD on DISH

Recommended: YES>>>

Soccernut said:
Was the guide information off on the Voom service as it is on Dish Net?

The last time we had a pronounced problem with the PG was back in October 2004. Since that time the PG was very accurate with its faults here and there but nothing big as it is right now. Hopefully it will be fixed. Some customers have contacted E* customer service and put a complaint about it. I encourage everyone to do so. I have contacted the VOOM programmers to let them know about this issue as well. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

So if there's a general agreement that the Dish PQ is better than it was on VOOM, what has changed to make it that way?

Rainbow DBS still controls the content and uplink facility.
Rainbow-1 satellite transponders still supply the signal.
Many VOOM satellite dishes are still in place receiving the signal.
Dish hasn't added anything to this scenario except the HD receivers and the LNB.

It it that the Dish receivers are better than the VOOM receiver?

mdonnelly said:
So if there's a general agreement that the Dish PQ is better than it was on VOOM, what has changed to make it that way?

Rainbow DBS still controls the content and uplink facility.
Rainbow-1 satellite transponders still supply the signal.
Many VOOM satellite dishes are still in place receiving the signal.
Dish hasn't added anything to this scenario except the HD receivers and the LNB.

It it that the Dish receivers are better than the VOOM receiver?

If I had to guess I would say it is probably because the HD channels no longer have to share bandwidth with the SD V* carried.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
If I had to guess I would say it is probably because the HD channels no longer have to share bandwidth with the SD V* carried.

NightRyder
Has the number of channels per transponder changed?

I personally think that motorola boxes in general suck. The HD cable boxes are the first ones that come to mind. I never had Voom, but am stoked to have the channels on my set and glad that they are better (from what those who had Voom before say). Long live dish and Voom HD content.

Jon

Info from you Voomers, how does the older movies that were not originally shot in HD look and how can they put it in HD? How does it compare to shows that were shot in HD? I'm glad the PQ is great it just seem strange that Voomers has to tell us Dishers what Dish is really capable of. Being an existing customer of course I can't afford a 942 with no lease option. I see some people that can get it won't and complain about it. At least you have a choice.

sbturner said:
Info from you Voomers, how does the older movies that were not originally shot in HD look and how can they put it in HD? How does it compare to shows that were shot in HD? I'm glad the PQ is great it just seem strange that Voomers has to tell us Dishers what Dish is really capable of. Being an existing customer of course I can't afford a 942 with no lease option. I see some people that can get it won't and complain about it. At least you have a choice.
Older movies are all HD. They may not be widescreen, but they are all much higher res than HD.

JH1949 said:

Think they are good on an 811, you should see them on a 921.

For the first time in a year and a half (when I got my 921), E* has given me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Add the other 11 channels, Universal HD, and Playboy HD and ALL will be forgiven. Even the 921 and the Dishplayer. I swear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts