Picture Quality D* or E*?

Ghost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
I have read that E* has better picture quality across the board than D*. Can someone explain that? I thought that with a digital picture, you either had a pcture or you didn't and the picture you got is the best you will get. Sorry if this is a dumb question to you tech guys. I'm just trying to learn something. :) Thanks!

Ghost said:
I have read that E* has better picture quality across the board than D*. Can someone explain that? I thought that with a digital picture, you either had a pcture or you didn't and the picture you got is the best you will get. Sorry if this is a dumb question to you tech guys. I'm just trying to learn something. :) Thanks!
Channels on D* or E* are only give so much bandwidth. The amount of information that can be carried effects the quality so the channels that have lower amounts of bandwidth are poorer quality (generally speaking). The bandwidth is changed around depending on a channel's rating. The better the ratings the more bandwidth it gets (as a rule).

Neal

I was watching "The Waterboy" on ABCfamily last week (through E*), and the quality was terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts