Picture Quality KVME Ch 20 LA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cts33fan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I love this new channel, is there a national feed for METV? The pq is really bad on the local feed.

I would love to see D* carry a national feed of MeTV. Right now it is carried part time on one of my local channels that I get via D*, but that station preempts some of the MeTV programming for infomercials and some of my favorite programs are preempted. MeTV always keeps promoting "The Untouchables" coming on at 11:30 PM but then the local station plays an infomercial at that time. What a letdown. A national feed on D* would be the answer. This is especially true since networks such as TVLand and Nick at Night don't play much true classic TV anymore.

The Ch 20 signal is compressed within a inch of its life! I'd be happy with what you get. What's funny is the station is primarily Spanish language during non-prime hours and English the rest of the time. They even have commercials in Spanish! To the person posting about "The Untouchables".....they don't preempt it here in the L.A. market and I've been recording them diligently. At one time, this show was considered the most violent on TV!

KVME signal issues

The Ch 20 signal is compressed within a inch of its life! I'd be happy with what you get. What's funny is the station is primarily Spanish language during non-prime hours and English the rest of the time. They even have commercials in Spanish! To the person posting about "The Untouchables".....they don't preempt it here in the L.A. market and I've been recording them diligently. At one time, this show was considered the most violent on TV!

I agree with a post above that the METV programming is great! TVLAND abandoned most of their actual "classic tv" programming long ago, and I had given up on ever seeing many of the shows aired on KVME again (at least, without buying DVD's.....of those shows that are available).

I have been getting a lot of picture distortion when I attempt to watch shows in the late afternoon (Hogan's Heroes comes on at 5 p.m. PDT). I called Dish, but they said they had no record of problems with that channel, that my signal strength from the satellite (119 Spotbeam 3) was well within normal (it was reading 75), so they didn't know what the issue is.

If anyone knows how to contact the station and see if there's anything they could do to improve the feed, it would be really appreciated.

I agree with a post above that the METV programming is great! TVLAND abandoned most of their actual "classic tv" programming long ago, and I had given up on ever seeing many of the shows aired on KVME again (at least, without buying DVD's.....of those shows that are available).

I have been getting a lot of picture distortion when I attempt to watch shows in the late afternoon (Hogan's Heroes comes on at 5 p.m. PDT). I called Dish, but they said they had no record of problems with that channel, that my signal strength from the satellite (119 Spotbeam 3) was well within normal (it was reading 75), so they didn't know what the issue is.

If anyone knows how to contact the station and see if there's anything they could do to improve the feed, it would be really appreciated.

Some other options, KVME has a few over the air repeaters in the Los Angeles market. Try to tune in KNLA, 20.1 and/or KNET, 25.1.
Another option, Verizon Fios offers ME-TV locally on channel 462. AT&T U-verse does not carry the station at this time.

If you continue to expereince problems with reception, contact Paul Koplin who runs the station at: (323) 965-5400, extension 4094. You could also try to call the office in Bishop at (760) 872-1900, but my hunch is that nobody will answer the phone up there...all gone fishin'...lol

My Mother who lives in the Valley and has DirecTV analog equipment seems to be receiving KVME just fine on her flat screen tv's. Could it be that KVME comes in better for DirecTV subscribers with analog boxes instead of HD? My mother has really enjoyed the ME-TV programming during the past two months, except in the early morning when she says the religious programming in spanish is on from what I beleive she said is from 5:30 a.m. until 8:00 a.m., or somewhere in that timeframe.

One program I noticed was missing when watching tv at my Mother's a couple of weekends ago was that the Lucy Show was supposed to have been airing, but instead, I Love Lucy was on. At least that's what the DirecTV programming guide shows. I'm surprised ME-TV can even broadcast I Love Lucy in the Los Angeles market since Fox O&O KCOP and sometimes KTTV are the long time home of I Love Lucy repeats. Unless ME-TV gets around that by using KVME in Bishop which I think is in market 125 and not considered the Los Angeles viewing market.

One program I noticed was missing when watching tv at my Mother's a couple of weekends ago was that the Lucy Show was supposed to have been airing, but instead, I Love Lucy was on. At least that's what the DirecTV programming guide shows. I'm surprised ME-TV can even broadcast I Love Lucy in the Los Angeles market since Fox O&O KCOP and sometimes KTTV are the long time home of I Love Lucy repeats. Unless ME-TV gets around that by using KVME in Bishop which I think is in market 125 and not considered the Los Angeles viewing market.

Generally, I Love Lucy is replaced wit the Lucy Show for the very reason you indicated. The "We Love Lucy" repackaged reruns of the "Lucy Desi Comedy Hour" which now run on ME on Friday nights are not covered by that contract so they are on ME on both KVME and KDOC.

The other suggested signals are not doing anything like ME on any of their subs. The prime signals you stated are HSN.

I get the KDOC signal in the OC just fine. The Bishop signal is not going to make it out of the Owens Valley but the Owens valley is considered the Los Angeles Market, hence why KVME is on the satellites for Los Angeles. Same with KVMD out of Twenty-Nine Palms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)