picture quality of dishnet and dtv?

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
:confused: i set up my very old dtv unit to watch there info Chanel. i noticed the picture quality of dtv was better. now i can only see a couple of channels and on a very old box but has anyone done a side by side look? i love dishnet! and would only leave if they drop my locals and distants. the lbn's are differant for the two right? is one a better operating system? dtv has ka and ku is ka better? just thoughts i was wondering about. i dont want to offend anyone nor am i saying one is better I'm just asking a opinion.

I have had both for years, I keep my Hughes HTL just for my distant waivers. For a long time I thought Directv had the better picture but in the last couple of years Dishnetwork definately looks much better to me on both SD and HD. But everyone has their own opinions and equipment and video settings can affect how each system looks also.

yes there are so many variances. some tech i was talking with said he had someone needed hd because sd hurt his eyes. lol dishnetwork has the best equipment and packages to me i think the info channel is in hd format making it look better on sd if that makes any sense?

Speaking strictly SD, E* is terrible. Some channels are terribly compressed, most noticeable on dark scenes where black levels are washed out and mostly grey.

I finally got around to watching The Aviator from the Starz free preview weekend. There was one dark scene and you can see all the rainbow artifacts when Dicaprio walks. This also happens on Spike TV reruns of DS9.

I do not have D* so I can’t compare. But if these SD channels can get bad what is stopping Dish from doing this to the HD channels?

is there any adjustment on the professionall leval on a lcd tv like on a bob tube . they can actually go in the back and fine tune the settings a regular user cannot touch. this is a very good thing to do every couple of years! good thinking jhon69!!!:hatsoff: :clap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts