Picture quality on minneapolis channels

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
My picture quality on minneapolis sd channels 22 29 and 45 is blury enough that I get a headache trying to focus my eyes in on them.
My channls 4,5,9,11 from minneapolis in standard def is quite good and surperb in HD.
I had emailed dish about this and got an email back to email a tech and do a email like conversation with him. After checking about all the checks there are the tech determined I have a bad lnb and need it replaced.
I will get the same old crabby tech who will bitch and most likely refuse to change anything more. Dish told me to immedaitley call dish and push button 3 for a tech to report any problems. Also if he refuses to do the work to not sign the work order.
I am afraid I will get boiled in oil from him. How would you handle a tech like this?
The tech at dish said the upper number channels should be just as good as 4,59,11 in sd. How do your people who get the minneapolis feel about your reception on these channels.

29 & 45 look good here on Dish

22 is from Brainerd (KAWB the PBS station) or Bemidji (KAWE) I dont know which one they're getting (same station) but that one has to run a farther ways to the uplink towers in Shoreview but that doesn't look bad here. I dont see any blurriness

All of the Minneapolis stations are coming from the same spotbeam so if the LNB was bad, then all would be bad.

e-mail dishquality@echostar.com and exaplin to them the issues and what channels (use the legit channel numbers so they know which ones to work with
8573-WFTC (29)
8583-KAWE (22)
8577-KSTC (45)

No it has been that way for along time. Maybe I do need a need new lnb like the tech says. Anyway I dread the installer as he is a grump and will bitch and moan about it. Too bad we do not have some competion in installers as this guy haunts everybody I know as he wants quick money and intimidates you into signing the paper no mater what he does.

I don't see much issues with those channels either, my question is how many of you notice that on KMSP 9(6350) the sound/pic gets out of synch on a regular basis The Techs at Fox blamed it on the DVR buffer causing issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts