Picture Quality Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

techstar

Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
I've been a DirecTV customer for about four years. Ever since I received a new Tivo box (R10) in July, my picture quality on my local stations has suffered. When I run the test, I get like 65-75 on Satellite in 1 and 90-95 on Satellite in 2. The non-local station reception isn't bad, but the locals, including the one true local where I live (Asheville, NC) is terrible. Digitized and boxy all the time. At about the same time I got the new DVR, the local cable tv company (Charter) disconnected my DirecTV when installing cable next door. I don't think it was done maliciously, just stupidly.

Anyway, I got tired of this and set up a service call for last Friday. The contractor showed up (pouring rain outside), ran the test, got the same numbers I did, and said there was nothing wrong. The picture was lousy. With the old Tivo box, I would get two signals always in the 90s. He finally, after some prodding, went outside and looked around, came back in and said nothing he could do. I showed him some video I Tivoed a few days earlier, in great, clear weather, where the picture was worse, and all he could say was "mine is the same way". He refused to do or test anything. After he left, I called DTV back. They escalated the call and another contractor employee will be out next Saturday, but I fear the same thing is going to happen. Are those readings typical? He went to another method of testing where you change transponders, and was getting higher numbers than 70s on some of them, and he tried to tell me that that meant there was nothing wrong. I'm getting very frustrated with DirecTV and the contractors. They missed two appointments I had in July to install the new Tivo, and then I had them send me the new one rather than wait for it to get installed. They sent the R10 instead of the R15. I complain, and I get all kinds of deals, but still it's very frustrating. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

Contact the local station tell them the problem also never expect your signal to be the same on different transponders cause they won't be.There are times when your problem is coming from the source itself cause it has happened to me.Never Expect a technican to do anything outside when it's raining.Other things that might help have your dish tweaked and peaked(when it's not raining)Have them check your coax and connections.Make sure your receiver is hooked up thru SVideo
that should give you the best picture possible.Good Luck!:welcome

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)