Picture quality

GaryPen said:
They are moving towards a Dish-like model of a single DirecTV brand of hardware. But, unlike Dish, they appear to be designed and built by an actual consumer electronics company. (Thomson? Bad. But, not as bad as Echostar has been.)

They will also be dropping Tivo as their DVR OS, and moving to a system from NDS, which is owned by News Corp. as is DirecTV.

I believe I just saw the first DircTV branded reciever recently on a dealer website. I can't remember which one. It may have been DirecTV's own sales page.

Oh god not Thompson.... jesus not thompson.... AHHHHHHH

/me runs away screaming

videobruce said:
Is there actually a image that doesn't look as the Blizzard of '77 did here?? You could always move closed to the Head End!

Nah. Then I would have to have neighbors closer than 1/2 mile away. :D

NightRyder

I remember reading sociology studies back in college that indicated people tend to be much better neighbors when they have some breathing room - this explains why cities are "meaner" than rural environments. I'm using "mean" as a general term here.

SimpleSimon said:
I remember reading sociology studies back in college that indicated people tend to be much better neighbors when they have some breathing room - this explains why cities are "meaner" than rural environments. I'm using "mean" as a general term here.

Yeah, my neighbors and I get along great. We always wave and say hi whenever we see each other. That's about twice a year. :)

NightRyder

I lived in houses and apartments for years where I never even knew the names of my neighbors.

Now, I see them whenever I want, and never when I don't want. We get together and party often - but not too often. :)

People use to complain about the traffic in the city and that was one reason they moved to suburbia. Now, where is the traffic?

I hate traffic also, but I was smart; I stayed where I was!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)