Pictures of 1000.2 Dish

need help with a dish 1000 set up

ok, i am kinda a newbie. being i have set up lots of single LNB dish's (mini)
and have even re aimed my dish 500 2 lnb dish. but i have never done a dish 1000 and i am trying to help a friend set up his. question. i have his dish kit but do not see a switch. do i need one and were does it go ? did not see one on the pictures on this thread.
and in what order do i run the cable to the LNB's do es it go from one to another then to the sat dish >?
thanks
chad

I will second that! However even though I am in the high 50's off 129 I have not had any problems - knock on wood. Unfortunately my HD locals are on TP2 which is one of the lower % signals. Maybe the installer was right when he said the MPEG-4 signal does not need as high % signal from the satellite as the non MPEG-4 channels.

Jeff

Actually its 100% the opposite - as small errors in MPEG2 only take up a small portion of the picture - the same size error in MPEG4 takes up a much larger portion of the picture.

It's very if you consider a frame at 100KB in MPEG2 and you get a 2KB error, its 2% - however if you have 50KB frame in MPEG4 and get a 2KB error, its now 4%. Depending on the frame type, as other frames track the changes off of them, this can even be more of a problem with MPEG4, as there is less information for the subsequent frames to work of off - until a new I Frame is transmitted.

Chadjones99, this thread is about the new Dish 1000.2. A few of the pictures show an assembly with 3 LNBs, 3 receiver outputs, and an input for a 4th LNB. The DishPro Plus switch is integrated in that head piece.

The original Dish 1000 normally comes with a DPP Twin and a separate Dual LNB which gets plugged into the DPP Twin's LNB input. The DPP Twin, like all Twins and Quads, has an integrated switch.