Pictures of your dual LNB setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimmythejeweler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
MI
I am having a heck of a time getting my 2nd lnb mounted to my dish and be able to use it. I got my switch today and it works fine but the 2nd lnb has to be in front of the KU for me to get signal. The dss lnb also is pointing way heigher than the KU. Any suggestions? Is there a dss lnb that can point stright at the dish and not at the top? Thanks

No Problem!

Just mount the DBS LNB to the side of your KU LNBF, at as close to the same height and distance away from your dish just get it as close as you can (focal point). Then go into the house the rest is done there! Hook up to your DBS LNBF to your receiver change the LNBF L.O. to 11250
Enter the coordinates of a live DBS channel/satellite and motor round until you get signal quality. Don't try to find the signal out side! When you motor to the east and west you will FIND the DBS signal, they are VERY strong, good luck Chris.

Well i tired this this am and my dss lnb has to be pointed at a 45deg angle in front of the ku for me to get signal. Hmmm. I treid mounting it to the side of the ku and pointing it's focal point at the same as the ku and nothing. Starting to fustrate me.

jimmythejeweler

I have a DBS LNB strapped to the right (from looking behind the dish) of the KU band one. My USALS settings are wacky (for Dish110, I have it at 114.8W), but it works :)

Ok here is what I did. Mounted it right next to the KU came inside and switched from USALS to 1.2 moved dish and ah ha!! Now explain to me the dif between USALS and 1.2? Thanks again to everyone.

USALS automtically moves the dish....Diseqc 1.2 you have to move

If you put it on USALS, hit "ok" once you get to usals and you can change the satellite location. If its for 110, try 115 and see what happens. Slowly move that number (115, 114.9, 114.8) until the quality is good :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts