Pictures, Snowed in Dish 500

b315653

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Winter,030808 016.jpg

Winter,030808 018.jpg

Here in Ohio we got some snow (18-24"). What cool is I never lost reception from my dish. Last fall I had a new roof put on and I moved the dish from a roof mount (done by Dish) to a face mount (wood face).
If it was where they put it, that would be under that pile of snow.
I moved it myself and repeaked it also. Didn't want to drill down through my new and expensive roof.
Never lost reception through this storm.
Just thought this was interesting. Wayne

Last edited:
Clear dish, clear LOS to LNB, no worries! ^__^ I'll have to post a picture or two of some installs in West Yellowstone. Gotta love working in winters like this:

Attachments

• P1191595.jpg
    P1191595.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 327
Yah, when I was up in Michigan I had my dish set about a 1' off the ground and a nice little snow storm came in along with the snow drifts of about 4' near the dish was under a snow bank... I woke up that morning watched the news a bit, opened up my door to see that I had to litterally dig a path to my truck, when doing so I looked over and seen my dish was under a snow bank.

Amazing as to what they take!

Boy I'm glad I'm far away from that white stuff, don't miss it one bit.

View attachment 22595

View attachment 22596

Here in Ohio we got some snow (18-24"). What cool is I never lost reception from my dish. Last fall I had a new roof put on and I moved the dish from a roof mount (done by Dish) to a face mount (wood face).
If it was where they put it, that would be under that pile of snow.
I moved it myself and repeaked it also. Didn't want to drill down through my new and expensive roof.
Just thought this was interesting. Wayne

I don't see any snow blocking LOS on that dish. Remember we're using offset satellite dishes here.

I'm also in Ohio, and I also got a TON of snow.

I was fully expecting the dish to get blocked, but I had zero LOS.

I think the angle our dishes point at here in Ohio helps -- it's low enough that snow doesn't really accumulate.

Cant say that I miss Michigan winters though if the dishes there had the elevation settings that I have on my directv dish then there would be snow bowls all over the place up there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)