Pimestar 75E - how far can I go?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
USA
I have always had a HECK of time getting a 75E primestar to work for me. It's probably my impatience, but everyone else around here seems to think they are as smooth as butter, so I'm not giving up on continuing to utilize them (or give them away to friends, as I replace the ones that I currently have with my 3abn dishes).

Question for the gurus of 75e's - what sort of separation can I expect to achieve with a 75e? I've seen people here mentioning crazy multi-lnb setups with a 75, and I'm not sure if that's really feasible for the barely competent aimer such as myself. Ideally, I would LOVE to hit 89W and 97W (that's 8 degrees apart!) with one dish so that I can give these away to people along with a cheapie receiver and set them up to receive BYUTV, JCTV, and SOAC.

Am I crazy to think of getting 8 degrees of separation from a 75E primestar and a couple .4 degree lnb's, or is this very doable with some patience and ingenuity?

on the 75e the stock is 4 degrees (107.3/111.1 for Starchoice) and I have added a 2nd LNB for 101

on the 75e the stock is 4 degrees (107.3/111.1 for Starchoice) and I have added a 2nd LNB for 101
So you're doing from 101 to 111.1? That'd be 10 degrees, which is better than I require. If that's really doable with these little puppies, I guess I'd better get ordering a handful of lnb's and get these setup for others. Finally I'll have a reason for all of those receivers that I've collected - GIFTS! *lol*

I do remember when I had the SC dish at 97/101 (2nd LNB is straight down the arm on the SC dishes) I could do a LNB at 107.3 with pretty good results

key word is patience :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts