Pin code

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlgantt

Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Deweyville Texas
I have a viewsat 2000 extreme and today I was deleting the channels and it would freeze up. I would save channels deleted and turn reciever off and then turn it back on and delete more. I went through this two or three times and then the enter pin code came up and I entered the factory code numbers and it will not accept them. I turned reciever off for an hour and when I turn ed it back on the enter pin code comes up and it still will not accept numbers. Also above the pin code spaces it say"s parental guides [no pg]

Only time that I get the passcode screen on my Classic NA is when you set the "Sat lock" to ON. Its sort of a parental control.

...and the factory default is 0000.

I would like to mention if he could download the factory software and update it. it should reset the pin code to 0000.

Iceberg said:
I assume you are referring to the OP :)
Yes. (laff, after re-reading it I can see how that comment can be taken a couple ways) I just see it alot in the FTA section. So many times
Why do you want this?
What channels do you want to get?
What satellites are you trying to pick up?
etc etc.

The OP never answers them.

Iceberg said:
I assume you are referring to the OP :)[/QUOT

!"m sorry I had to leave yesterday,but the reason I am talking about pin code is now when I turn on reciever thats what comes up enter pin code. when I enter 0000 it say"s wrong pin. I have not did any changes to the pin number and I do not think I am going to be able to fix whatever problem I have

You might want to do what was mentioned and load the factory software into the box. You may already have that in there (assuming so) but maybe re-downloading it will give the box that factory fresh setup :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts