Pioneer Dvd recorder vs. Panasonic?

intrepid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Western NC
I am currently thinking about purchasing a dvd recorder vcr combo. I want to be sure I get the most reliable product since I have read that there are a lot of bugs in the dvd recorders out on the market right now. Do you guys know which manufacturer has the better product, Pioneer or Panasonic. I am thinking about the Panasonic DMR 50S with a hard drive or the Pioneer 533S? Any help would be great? Thanks

I have had a Panasonic DMRE80H since it's release a few years ago. I have been COMPLETELY happy with it. No Problems, works like a champ. Never had a problem with burned DVDs playing on other dvd players either.

I haven't used a Pioneer but I have heard its implementation of TV Guide On Screen (TVGOS) is a bit of a mess. Although I'm definatly NOT a Toshiba fan we have a Toshiba RD-XS32 and a Panasonic DMR-E85. The Toshiba is by far the better of the two when it comes to PQ. Burned discs pq aren't distinguishable from one another but feeding a cable signal thru eash, or watching off the Hard drive the Toshiba is head and shoulders above the Panasonic.

It really kills me to say this but I'd recommend you look at a Toshiba DVR/DVD recorder.

Pioneer vs. Panasonic

Thanks guys for the feedback. We looked today at a Panasonic EH50 with a 100 gb. harddrive, and also looked at some Toshibas, as well. I guess we'll make a decision in a few days. We'll let you know later which we purchased and how it works. Have a great day. This is a great forum with very helpful members.Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)