Pioneer Elite Plasma & 622 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
My brother in-law just hooked up this system yesterday. His plasma is only 720P, but the installer set the 622 to 1080i. The 622 is connected via hdmi to a Denon 2807 receiver, as is the Denon dvd player. The plasma is connected via hdmi from the Denon receiver. I don't like this setup because he can't watch tv without the receiver being in use..........but it is his setup. The main question is should the 622be set to 720p to match the plasma or does it really matter?

All that really matters is what looks good to him. I would probably set it to 720p, but if you don't see a difference then don't worry about it. FWIW I would hook it up the exact way that he has it. No reason that I see to watch TV without the surround sound kicking.

I dont have a Pioneer Elite, I have the Pioneer PDP-6070 plasma and I can't tell the difference in the picture when I change my 622 between 720p and 1080i. I leave it on 1080i.
I have my system hooked up like your brother-in-law's. hdmi from 622 to my pioneer a/v receiver, hdmi from dvd player to a/v receiver and hdmi from a/v receiver to tv. Sure makes it easier for my wife to change from tv to dvd, she only has to press one button.:D

My rule of thumb:
Pass through the HD via 1080i (most channels) from Dish receiver. Let the BETTER scalers/processors in the plasma work out the 720p math!!!

My rule of thumb:
Pass through the HD via 1080i (most channels) from Dish receiver. Let the BETTER scalers/processors in the plasma work out the 720p math!!!

This has been my experience with a 56" RP 720P DLP Toshiba set as well. When I attempted to use 720P mode in the 622, I saw a lot more scaling artifacts. 1080i gives a generally cleaner picture for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts