Pioneer Inno2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Just ordered one of these the other day. This will be my first satellite radio.

Does anyone have it? What do you think?

I'm also interested if you have the car kit for it. I'm debating if the FM transmitter is better than the casstte transmitter. I'm mostly getting it for talk radio and sports not as interested in the music.

Last edited:
The INNO2 uses SureConnect for it's FM transmitter which I've heard can be pretty troublesome. If you have the oppourtunity to use an AUX-IN or casette adapater instead, you'll be much happier. And it will sound better, too.

I believe the car kit comes with the casette adapater already as well.

There is another thread dealing with cassette adapters vs. FM modulators over in the gadget zone. And we have had several in this forum as well.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/computer-electronic-gadget-zone/130934-cassette-tape-adapter-ipod.html

the bottom line is that a cassette adapter while it is not terribly elegant looking will provide you with better sound than FM modulation. Since you want it for sports and talk it may not matter much but I would still suggest the cassette adapter

I use a FM Direct adapter that I hooked up to the FM antenna lead in to the radio and now it works great.

If I had know about the whole difference between the INNO and INNO2 was just the FM modulation was toned down I would have bought the INNO instead.

The modulators work fine but th FM sound quality is inferior to the adapter or aux in.

Last edited:
You can place an antenna inside or out but you are likely to get better results with the outside installation.

What do you guys know about how it works in an office building? I am in Buffalo NY and I can see there are repeaters here. I am on the 5th floor and while not in the center of the building I am not by a window either.

It obviously helps to be near a window but I live near an XM repeater and I gt better XM reception in my basement than FM.

this is anecdotal evidence only. actual results may vary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)