Pixelation Issue

firemangc

Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Hello all....first time posting here.

I've been having pixelations issues for months. Cablevision has been over 1/2 dozen times and each time, the issue resurfaces. They've done the following:

Changed cables
Changed connectors
Changed splitters
Changed cable bo:mad:es)
Changed cable from house to telephone pole

They're coming again tomorrow and if it's not fixed...I'll be looking elsewhere for service.

Anyone have any suggestions on possible solutions? They've tested the signal strength each time, and have found the analog signal to be low. Could this be affecting all the channels I receive?

Thanks!
Greg

Same happened to me with Charter, cable companies in some areas just suck.
My advice to you is go to your neighbors house if they have DTV or DishNetwork and see which one you like the best...that should help you making your decision.

i have the same problem. i have contemplated getting a new cable box, but, was unsure if that would fix it. i guess i have my answer.

i don't have any answers for you, but, you're not alone...

You can try putting in an amplifier before the coax splits off into your house.

in my case, i don't think it's a signal strength issue.

when i got my initial installation, the tech was blown away by the strength of the signal i was getting. he said he had basically never seen a signal that strong.

i haven't had it re-tested since (it's been ~3 years), but, i doubt that my signal has degraded over time. also, i've had the issue the whole time.

(in my case, it's not a constant problem. the picture looks pretty good most of the time, but it gets bad when there is a lot of motion on the screen. ...and as motion increases the pixelation worsens - especially when the motion gets fast.)

i've just learned to live with it, as i figured there is nothing i can do.

Hello all....first time posting here.

I've been having pixelations issues for months. Cablevision has been over 1/2 dozen times and each time, the issue resurfaces. They've done the following:

Changed cables
Changed connectors
Changed splitters
Changed cable bo:mad:es)
Changed cable from house to telephone pole

They're coming again tomorrow and if it's not fixed...I'll be looking elsewhere for service.

Anyone have any suggestions on possible solutions? They've tested the signal strength each time, and have found the analog signal to be low. Could this be affecting all the channels I receive?

Thanks!
Greg

I went through everything you did over a couple of month period.
Turns out it was a problem from the head end.
Have the issue bumped up to engineering.
Once they got involved my problems disappeared. (over a year now)

If the signal is weak from the head end (that's from outside your house), they need work on different things. Usually it's the problem in the whole neighborhood and you are not alone. Ask your neighbors who have the service from them. It might take several phone calls to elevate the request or it usually go to deaf ears. I had the same problem with Comcast before I finally switched to Dish.

If the signal is weak from the head end (that's from outside your house), they need work on different things. Usually it's the problem in the whole neighborhood and you are not alone. Ask your neighbors who have the service from them. It might take several phone calls to elevate the request or it usually go to deaf ears. I had the same problem with Comcast before I finally switched to Dish.

Exactly my answer.

My HD channels have been but but the low end analog and digital SD channels were pixelating and making crackling sounds. I was too busy to complain but I did see Optimum trucks in the area and after some days the problem when away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts