Pixellation problem solved!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Vince2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Portland, OR
Ha! The installer didn't show up on Saturday to fix my reception problem so I took matter into my own hands and got up on the roof to fiddle around. Background: I have been stuck with low signal quality for weeks (~65-75, with doupouts everytime fluctuates under 70). They previously installed a bigger dish (24") but it didn't help. I tried moving the dish to 3 other locations...no improvement. I finally took off the LNB to remove my meter feed and noticed the meter peaked as I pulled the LNB out about 2". Hmmm....experimented around and confirmed I had a myopic dish!....it was focusing the signal about 2" beyond the end of the LNB mount. So I pulled the LNB out to the new focal position and fixed it to the mount with electrical tape and a couple of wooden splints. Now signal quality is 85 and no pixellation. I have another appointment with the installer next Saturday to get a more permanent solution, but I thought I'd post this solution here in case those experincing low signals want to tweak. It wasn't my box or my neighbors trees after all.

Thanks for posting the resolution, and WAY TO GO. You get to enjoy the satisfaction from solving a problem without help from an installation 'professional'. Whether through knowledge or luck, the forum readers are solving problems and passing on information--and that's GOOD.

My installer is coming Thursday to try to improve my signal quality. Thanks for giving me one more thing for him to try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)