Pixilization

I probably shouldn't say this and am further hexing the household but yesterday was the first time in weeks I didn't have to reboot the Hopper because of this. And all the roomies including myself were watching TV

Reactions: TheKrell
Disconnected my ota duel tuner adapter usb from receiver, clear right up.
Sounds like it's getting hot./ One thing I see people on here say they've done is plug a Laptop cooling dock into a USB Port on the hopper and set the OTA Adapter on it to keep it cool.

Sounds like it's getting hot./ One thing I see people on here say they've done is plug a Laptop cooling dock into a USB Port on the hopper and set the OTA Adapter on it to keep it cool.

Maybe so, but it doesn't seem like it in my case.

If it is overheating, why does changing to an OTA channel from the Joey and then back to a satellite channel resolve the problem for the rest of that night's viewing? Watching/recording OTA always seems to work just fine.

Reactions: CyberSpock
Maybe so, but it doesn't seem like it in my case.

If it is overheating, why does changing to an OTA channel from the Joey and then back to a satellite channel resolve the problem for the rest of that night's viewing? Watching/recording OTA always seems to work just fine.
This doesn't make sense. I've had on occasion that I get pixilation on the Joey 2 on an OTA channel due to bad signal, then switch to a sat channel and it continues to pixilate. I reboot corrects it. if I lose signal completely on an OTA channel the only way I can get out of it is to channel up or down to a sat channel. If I lose sat signal due to weather, it I go to an OTA channel it brings along pixilation woes too

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

At DISH, we strive to improve our customer's experiences! We are always here and happy to help with any questions or concerns that you may have with your equipment and servies.

If you are still experiencing this particular issue, please feel free email your Receiver ID care@dish.com.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Come on Dish Support there has been probably 100 posts regarding pixilation on the Joey's. This is a software problem not the receiver. Everyone ones Hopper can't be creating the problem.
I had the same receiver and Joey. Never a problem with the single tuner adapter. The dual tuner is the problem. I gave up and paid for sat locals.

Reactions: HipKat
Come on Dish Support there has been probably 100 posts regarding pixilation on the Joey's. This is a software problem not the receiver. Everyone ones Hopper can't be creating the problem.
I had the same receiver and Joey. Never a problem with the single tuner adapter. The dual tuner is the problem. I gave up and paid for sat locals.
That's weird. This post has been around for 12 days but now Dish makes a comment? Is that a robot?

I had the same problem. Called Dish support. Was told a tech would have to come to house and I would have to pay, since I didn’t have a Dish Protection Plan. I told him others were having the same problem on the Satellite Guys website. Since I didn’t want to pay for the tech, they are sending a box to return the Joey.

Reactions: TheKrell
I had the same problem. Called Dish support. Was told a tech would have to come to house and I would have to pay, since I didn’t have a Dish Protection Plan. I told him others were having the same problem on the Satellite Guys website. Since I didn’t want to pay for the tech, they are sending a box to return the Joey.

That’s sounds pretty extreme for something that’s apparently a software issue and has a fairly easy workaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you add the protection plan you don't have to pay for the visit, you have to keep the protection plan for 6 months before you can drop it, but it is cheaper than a full price tech visit. I was having issues with a wireless joey, it took 4 tech visits to finally address the issue I was having. The $60 I paid for the service plan was WAY cheaper than it would have been to pay for each visit. Just food for thought.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you add the protection plan you don't have to pay for the visit, you have to keep the protection plan for 6 months before you can drop it, but it is cheaper than a full price tech visit. I was having issues with a wireless joey, it took 4 tech visits to finally address the issue I was having. The $60 I paid for the service plan was WAY cheaper than it would have been to pay for each visit. Just food for thought.

That's all true and a good point, but in this case a site visit isn't going to fix anything. They can swap out boxes, but that won't solve this apparent software bug. There's even a good chance that you won't be able to demonstrate the problem to the guy. I don't know of any way to make it happen on demand. Some days it happens once, other days not at all. Obviously, there is some combination of factors that causes it to happen, but I don't know what they are other than that the OTA adapter is involved.

So, the pixillation happened for the second time since I started this thread. I do not have any USB or OTA. I rebooted the Hopper 3 and the problem cleared up on the Joey

Just wondering... If this is on a Joey, could it be cable length or quality? Is it possible to test it with a shorter cable or something?