Placed my Order! Plus got some info.

Same story here - in the Denver area. My install was scheduled for yesterday and my installer called on Tuesday to tell me that my equipment had not arrived. I've talked to him a few times since and no news, and when I call the CSR's they have no answers. Some have told me the equipment was already shipped and others have said that it hasn't - that is what irks me - the CSR's aren't even really Voom, just some company that Voom has subcontracted to handle customer support. It would be nice to speak to someone that really knows what is going on.

SpecialK said:
Same story here - in the Denver area. My install was scheduled for yesterday and my installer called on Tuesday to tell me that my equipment had not arrived. I've talked to him a few times since and no news, and when I call the CSR's they have no answers. Some have told me the equipment was already shipped and others have said that it hasn't - that is what irks me - the CSR's aren't even really Voom, just some company that Voom has subcontracted to handle customer support. It would be nice to speak to someone that really knows what is going on.

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't put too much blame on them since sometimes they are not communicated information. The others DSB companies also do the same with their Customer Support Centers.

If they only have 8,000 customers, where are all the receivers? Maybe somebody highjacked the truck they were on.

I've already set up an account, and scheduled an install of a single receiver, but I was wondering if I should revise it to include two receivers? That way, I can have them install 4 feed lines during the initial install, at no charge.

The reason being that I plan to upgrade to the DVR unit when they become available, and my understanding is that the 4 tuners in this unit will require 4 feed lines. If this is true, I don't want to have to pay for 2 more lines to be installed, when just a box swap would suffice.

I don't have much use for a 2nd receiver at this point, but an extra $15/mo for 5 months makes more sense to me than another installation visit later at $199.

Does anyone know what the feed cable requirements will be for the 4 tuner DVR?

- Tim

Lighter Note

rexoverbey said:
I thought Voom was trying to actually get new subscribers. Now they are raising prices for standard service. You might as well forget new members.

:( Hi Rex, this is only my second day here but you seem to be the basis of most of the negativity in the forum. That's too bad, there are a lot of things great in here, and I am not even subed yet.

:) The Bright Side: Your 50 bucks a month gets you 80 channels, that is cheaper than Com*, D* or E* and there are 24 high definition channels, and 56 basic (the core GOOD channels) for $49.90 PLUS you get locals. I have been with Direc for 6 years ... this seems to be a better value as D* wants about 62/mo from me for the same package. Yeah I get more channels but far less HD and most of the "extra" channels I don't even care about, much less watch.

Once they introduce their DVR (I hope this is not vaoprware) this will be the best value available. I will miss TiVo, but I think they are on the way out. Between Moxi, Phillips & Pioneer they better figure something out quick, they are becoming outdated quickly.

** Shelly 6 Dishes and room for more **

HOLY CRAP! I thought my 3 was some kind of record! Can you please e-mail me that photo for my wife? I beg you.

ebyrne@ebyrne.com

3 Dishes, 1 OTA, 1 WISP ... the wife calls it Byrne AFB!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)