Plan on transferring DirecTV billing address to my actual address and put it in my name, but wonderi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Hi. I've had DirecTV since July. I pay my parent and she pays DirecTV for my service. And although I am an authorized user, the account is under her name. I am planning on changing that so it is in my name and my address. I want the billing address to be at my actual address now and not her's anymore. Now since I only have had my service address at my actual location just a few days, and not too mention almost got busted once (no need to get into that, I just e-mailed them after the goof and stated "the service address wasn't supposed to be changed" and surprisingly they bought it), and because of those examples I am wary of giving them my original service address as my billing address for I wonder if giving them that will bring caution. I also need to be off auto-pay and pay now by check (it's complicated). I talked to a third party authorized DirecTV dealer of what I should do and then they said they said they'd take care of it, but it's been a few days now and nothing's happened. I just want all this to happen without losing my locals. I'm sure it's not complicated, but I want to be safe. What do you guys say?

change your billing address online. They dont care about the billing address
(I skimmed the post.....got bored after the 1st few sentences) ;)

I don't think you will be able to change the account to your name. You may have to open a new account in order to do that.

I don't think you will be able to change the account to your name. You may have to open a new account in order to do that.

Ding ding ding! You've won a brand new car! ;)

Thats what I was thinking too, have to open an account in your name (other person to close thiers ?)

We had this happen with someone else awhile back.

Ok. My fiance and I broke up. The account is in her name but I pay the bill. Can I transfer it to my name or do I have to close her account and open mine?

Note I owe 1100 in MY name. Her account is current. That is the reason I want to just transfer it to my name.

Ok. My fiance and I broke up. The account is in her name but I pay the bill. Can I transfer it to my name or do I have to close her account and open mine?

Note I owe 1100 in MY name. Her account is current. That is the reason I want to just transfer it to my name.

Heck no, this is contract fraud and can land you fines and jailtime...

Edit:
you have to open a new account.

Last edited:
So I have to close the current account and open a new one since she left or can I still keep the one open?

Unfortunately I don't have $1100. So I'm paying for mistakes I made earlier in my life like 6 or 7 years ago

Last edited:
You can't change the names on the account. You need to close the first account and open a completely new account.

Even if the account holder dies, they still require a new account

I had a customer a few years ago living with his brother. The directv was in the brothers name and he passes away several years ago.

Customer needed a service call due to getting a new roof, they ask to speak to the account holder and the customer tells directv he died.

Immediately Directv shut the account down and made the brother get a new account.

So we then setup the new account in the living brothers name and the account gets flagged for fraud because it shows as a duplicate account.

We got it resolved, but it's stupid considering all the brother wanted to do was take over the existing account.

But on the bright side, I got paid for selling a new customer and the customer got all new equipment and promotional pricing.

You can't change the names on the account. You need to close the first account and open a completely new account.

I had a customer a few years ago living with his brother. The directv was in the brothers name and he passes away several years ago.

Customer needed a service call due to getting a new roof, they ask to speak to the account holder and the customer tells directv he died.

Immediately Directv shut the account down and made the brother get a new account.

So we then setup the new account in the living brothers name and the account gets flagged for fraud because it shows as a duplicate account.

We got it resolved, but it's stupid considering all the brother wanted to do was take over the existing account.

But on the bright side, I got paid for selling a new customer and the customer got all new equipment and promotional pricing.

I called them and realize that. I am still under contract until July of next year. I'll have to wait until then and open an account in my name. I don't want to have any termination fees.

I have two questions...

The first question is, I talked to a local authorized DirecTV dealer who said whenever I want to upgrade my equipment, satellite dish and all, I can go through that company and they can do it without the "moving" back and then "moving" back to the other place hassle. Can they actually do that?

Second question, if I set up a new account in my name, would I get the premiums and HD Extra Pack free again for three months as well as NFL Sunday Ticket Max? That'd be nice.

I called them and realize that. I am still under contract until July of next year. I'll have to wait until then and open an account in my name. I don't want to have any termination fees. I have two questions... The first question is, I talked to a local authorized DirecTV dealer who said whenever I want to upgrade my equipment, satellite dish and all, I can go through that company and they can do it without the "moving" back and then "moving" back to the other place hassle. Can they actually do that? Second question, if I set up a new account in my name, would I get the premiums and HD Extra Pack free again for three months as well as NFL Sunday Ticket Max? That'd be nice.

Yea a local dealer can do it without moving back, but your probably not going to get a free upgrade like you would if you called directv directly.

If you setup an account in your name, you get a new customer promotion.

Not being able to change names is not 100% true, I have seen it happen when a account owner died and DirecTV transferred the account over to their surviving spouse's name.

PS. If you owe $1100 just sign up without a SSN online and pay the deposit of like $200-$400 depending on selected equipment (hint: don't get a DVR). To owe that much I'm guessing there is a unreturned equipment issue or you watch a hella lot of pr0n.

Quick question, I need to update my billing address because I will be calling to activate equipment I bought online and then I'll ask them to send prepaid packages to billing address to send back old equipment.

The Billing address I need to update to belongs to a package pickup place, it's an actual address and not a p.o box and I can address it to my name but the place has a unit #. Will the account get flagged if the billing address gets moved to another account holder's billing or service address? It's possible other people are doing the same thing

Quick question, I need to update my billing address because I will be calling to activate equipment I bought online and then I'll ask them to send prepaid packages to billing address to send back old equipment.

The Billing address I need to update to belongs to a package pickup place, it's an actual address and not a p.o box and I can address it to my name but the place has a unit #. Will the account get flagged if the billing address gets moved to another account holder's billing or service address? It's possible other people are doing the same thing

Just a bump for the above if anyone has the answer, thx.

Billing address can be anywhere, a PO box, package mailing store etc. DirecTV does not care as long as the bill gets paid. So multiple accounts all having the same billing address are also OK. Yes, if your billling address is the same as someone's service address that might raise a flag, but it's unlikely, and your billing address is quite legal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts