Plasma (and Stuck Pixels)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

300z

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2004
Smyrna/GA
I know this might not be forum to post it, but here it is anyway. Any help is appreciated.

I bought this 42HD50 Hitachi Plasma like 20 days back.

Yesterday and day before while watching some programming, i saw a white cursor/arrow on screen, which on close look looked like 1-1/2 pixles. But when i powerd on again it went away. Not sure why those particular pixles didn't power up.

Should i report to Retail Store ? They would like to check, But i can't generate the cursor thing again on demand ?

Should i be concerned ?

Thx
Paul

Is your plasma connected to the VOOM Stb? What were you doing before the "white cursor/arrow" appear in VOOM? I think this is a known problem with the VOOM stb. Take a look at the FAQ on the stb. Ilya has reported this on software version thread.

Just bring up the menu again and exit and it should clear that pixel problem. Its not your TV.

Stuck pixels are often caused by a known bug in the STB software responsible for PG display. To get rid of them press "VOOM" and then "WATCH".

I was wondering

if you are talking about stuck pixles(bug) in left side of screen (as reported) or in general, 'coz i saw these white pixles in right side of the screen and i had to turn tv off/on to fix it.

300z said:
if you are talking about stuck pixles(bug) in left side of screen (as reported) or in general, 'coz i saw these white pixles in right side of the screen and i had to turn tv off/on to fix it.
I saw stuck pixels in different places of the screen, not only on the left side. Those I encountered, I was always able to get rid of by simply pressing VOOM and then WATCH. Maybe your case was different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)