Play (EHD) movies on a used VIP722 if cancel dish service & returning original?

But have you actually seen one of these clocks in a Dish set top box?

And what, besides stopping bad people from watching recorded videos, are they for?

Doesn't the satellite deliver the current time continually?

And if it isn't receiving a signal from a Dish sat, who cares what the box is doing?

Well I don't know 100% for sure that the receiver stops operating, but that is the general impression that I have gotten while lurking/posting around on these forums. Just saying that it's not impossible to implement. I doubt that the satellite signal drives the clocks continuously. It probably just synchronizes with the sat signal every so often. Again, don't know 100%, but using the sat signal as a real-time clock probably wouldn't work too well, with the latency. My guess is that when it synchronizes with the sat signal it has to add 300 milliseconds to the time reported as the satellite signal has some latency while traveling 22,000 miles. Then again it might not compensate for that 300ms at all.

Cool speed of light stuff!

I thought of a great experiment: Disconnect the dish. Unplug the receiver for a few hours or days. Plug it back in and see what day of the daily schedule of recordings it displays and whether is shows past timers as skipped. Or if you can view the program listings (don't remember if resets automatically or not in this situation) see what day and time it displays.

Volunteers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)