Playboy, Echostar Unit Signs Agreement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
Could Playboy HD Be Coming To Dish Network ? See This Press Release

Playboy Enterprises units enter satellite capacity lease

Last Update: 6:18 PM ET Aug 22, 2006

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Playboy Enterprises Inc. (PLA) said Tuesday it struck a deal to transmit five Playboy television networks to EchoStar satellite television customers beginning in mid October.
The satellite capacity lease agreement was reached Monday between Playboy subsidiaries Playboy Entertainment Group Inc. and Spice Hot Entertainment Inc. and Transponder Encryption Services Corp., a subsidary of EchoStar Communications Corp. (DISH) in Englewood, Colo.
EchoStar serves more than 12 million television customers through its DISH Network.
Chicago-based Playboy Enterprises, publisher of Playboy Magazine, can transmit five of its networks on a non-exclusive basis for three years after transmissions begin, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.
The SEC filing didn't specify how much the deal is worth.
Playboy will get a share of revenue Transponder Encryption Services collects from EchoStar residential customers who buy Playboy programming, subject to the satellite subsidiary getting certain minimum revenue from the networks, the filing said.
More deal details will be included in Playboy's quarterly report to the SEC for the period ending Sept. 30, the filing said.
Playboy shares closed Tuesday at $9.46 each, up 6 cents.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Sto...FAD06CF-71D6-45E1-8ADA-78ECC1D0A583}&keyword=

Yes, but it says Dish Network struck a deal to transmit five Playboy Television networks beginning in October. I assume this will be new networks that they do not carry now. One of them hopefully will be the Playboy HD channel.

Neutron said:
Where does it say DISH struck a deal?

That would be awesome if we got PlayboyHD. :D

Read the first line. It says they struck a deal to offer 5 Playboy Networks beginning in October. It does not specify which ones. I hope one is Playboy HD.

Lucky said:
Read the first line. It says they struck a deal to offer 5 Playboy Networks beginning in October. It does not specify which ones. I hope one is Playboy HD.

Will it be in Gold or will I have to get Platinum :D

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060822/playboy_satellite_agreement.html?.v=1

Playboy Signs Satellite Capacity Lease Agreement With EchoStar Subsidiary

NEW YORK (AP) -- Adult entertainment company Playboy Enterprises Inc. said Tuesday it signed a satellite capacity lease with Transponder Encryption Services Corp., a subsidiary of EchoStar Communications Corp.
ADVERTISEMENT

Under the terms of the agreement, Playboy's subsidiaries Playboy Entertainment Group Inc. and Spice Hot Entertainment Inc. have the right to broadcast five network channels through Transponder Encryption for three years.

Playboy will receive a contractual share of the revenues received by Transponder Encryption from EchoStar's residential customers who purchase the right to view any of the networks' programming, subject to Transponder Encryption receiving minimum revenue amounts. Playboy did not provide further detail on the financial terms.

Playboy expects to begin transmission of the networks in the middle of October.

Playboy shares closed 6 cents higher at $9.46 on the New York Stock Exchange, while EchoStar shares fell 27 cents to finish at $31.67 on the Nasdaq.

I wonder if they will drop any of the adult channels they have now for these?

Private was a unique channel but too expensive, especially considering I get 150+ adult channels from XTV on my ITV Box for $29 a month (and 3 of the channels from XTV/ITVN are from Private!)

OK? in plain English does this mean nothings going to change. other than they get more money rather than dish? I'm shire we are going to pay the same? right? and they already broad cast? is this a very old news letter again????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts