Playing With My New Toy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
Threw the 75E P* my brother-in-law rescued from his trailer park on the pole today to see how it works. I had switched out the 2 connection LNB for a spare Hughes c120 I had. Found 72, 74 101 and 123 pretty easy with the Visionsat as they were already programmed in. I then tried finding 83 and 97 by entering TP info and moving the dish but no luck. So I move the Mercury II (which has pretty much everything between 72 and 129 on it) and hook it up. I found 83 and was able to barely get the RTN/V channels, which I haven't gotten at all since I put the motor on the 90cm CM. I then thought what the heck, let's see what the stock LNB will do and presto, the levels came up 5-6 points, just enough to keep it locked in and watchable! Then I switched back to the Visionsat, couldn't get signal on the RTN/V TP, but did a blind scan anyway to see what would come up. Got Leo-1 and a few pay channels. Went back to the Merc II and there they were. Now I've got to get a pole to fix that one on 83 so we can get the RTN/V channels.

I have 4 Primestar dishes in service right now, 2- 1.0's and 2- 1.2's, and I can tell you from first hand experience, those OEM P* LNBs outperform just about anything else you can hang on a Primestar/Channel Master dish! :D:up

I have 4 Primestar dishes in service right now, 2- 1.0's and 2- 1.2's, and I can tell you from first hand experience, those OEM P* LNBs outperform just about anything else you can hang on a Primestar/Channel Master dish! :D:up

Ya the NJR (National Japan Radio) LNB and matched feedhorn is really tuned together well on my 90cm. ;) I like the fine elevation adjustment too :)

Attachments

• PS90.jpg
    PS90.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 229
eurosport said:

tvropro said:
Ya the NJR (National Japan Radio) LNB and matched feedhorn is really tuned together well on my 90cm. I like the fine elevation adjustment too
Agreed and agreed!
The OEMs have spanked the QPH031 on every variant of Primestar I have. I was very dissapointed with the QPH's performance on the 4 footer. Possibly an f/d issue, seems I read that somewhere after I had layed out 70 clams for the QPH.!sadroll
If they supported OCS w/o and add'l switch they would be the schnizzle.

tvropro said:
....I like the fine elevation adjustment too
fine elevation adjustment? A note of sarcasm?

The threaded rod does allow you to fine tune like a c band dish to a point. Better than sliding the dish up and down like on most other ku offset dishes.
Quoted for Truth

I've gotten to the point were I don't like aiming the cheaper Ku dishes (as fixed dishes) that don't have a elevation fine tune screw/bolt.
:rant:
The Primestar 75e bolt is a bit coarse but it beats not having one.
The Geosatpro 1.2m is fine
The Direcway is extra fine, and would be great for RTN except my Coolsat refuses to properly tune that transponder.

They save so much extra time and fuss

Quoted for Truth

I've gotten to the point were I don't like aiming the cheaper Ku dishes (as fixed dishes) that don't have a elevation fine tune screw/bolt.
:rant:
The Primestar 75e bolt is a bit coarse but it beats not having one.
The Geosatpro 1.2m is fine
The Direcway is extra fine, and would be great for RTN except my Coolsat refuses to properly tune that transponder.

They save so much extra time and fuss
Agreed! I discovered that the 90CM CM mount would bolt up to a Fortec Star 90CM dish without drilling any extra holes! I still haven't been able to get anything with it though. :rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)