Playstation 3 not helping Blu-ray?

because people are sticking with Sony, also The reason many might not be buying the PS3 is because when they go to grab it its not there yet.....supply problems, remember thats what the whole article was about? Also many of you and many other people said, Xbox 360 will run away with christmas this year everyone will be buying a 360 instead, but yet according to this article its not happening. Also Sony would probably want you to buy the ps2 now, and ps3 next year as they are losing their butts right now!

So after 110 million PS2s are sold, people are picking them up because of brand loyalty to Sony? I really doubt that. I certainly can't imagine saying to myself: Geeze, I really want a PS3 but I have an actual job and can't camp outside for a week to get one, so I guess I'll go give those nice chaps at Sony $129 so I can have another PS2 around the house to show them how much I care.

They just sunk $1000 for a PS3, games and accessories. I don't think they're going to line up to spend $30 on a movie just yet! :rolleyes:

Besides...it's a GAMING machine.

At many locations the disk are running $20 TO $28 (a few are even less).

The PS2 has too many great games on it and that is why it is selling at $129 like water in a desert. I think that the 360's 511k console sales in November is a great number. But those numbers will not get them to 10 million from 7 million sold thru October.

The only real mover out there is the Wii. If Nintendo can keep building them and nobody gets smacked down by a flying remote (why couldn't they have put a platic-coated wire in place of that cheap string?) then the Wii could possibly supplant the 360 by next June as the number one new-gen console on the market.

Sony's only chance here is for the manufacturing to crankup to about 800,000 per month and the games coming out in March actually come out. I can see a second launch here in the US to co-inside with the European launch given the number of exclusives coming out for the PS3 in March 07. Maybe a slight price decrease (unhead of this early) would really put a bang into sales. Or, how about putting in Motorstorm in every PS3 -- that would sell alot of systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)