Playstation Home???

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
I just discovered this on my PS3 a few days ago and I had no idea this whole subculture thing existed. It seems cool, but let me get this straight: In order to buy anything, I have to do these "microtransactions" where I spend actual money out of my checking account for "virtual" items that only exist as a series of 0's and 1's? I don't think I'll be spending any money at PS Home. Also, I may really be dumb, but I can't find out how to go about customizing my avatar. Can anyone help a brother out?

I've done a little searching around the net and found so many posts and topics on different sites that I can't take it all in. I know it is still in beta, but it's open beta now. And it looks pretty cool, but I haven't tried to talk to anyone. Not sure about the required netiquette. Apparently I really need some sort of headset to hear actual voices. Downloading the various places to go is a pain. Been trying to get to the mall, but they system locks up several minutes in. I've been trying to find out how to get to Red Bull Island, but no joy yet. I'm thinking I have to get to the mall first.

Apparently they've made some recent updates, there was a music place in the central plaza tonight that wasn't there a couple of days ago. Pop saucer is a sort of fun game to play. I may like this despite all the negatives I've read from the real hard core subculturists.

Anyway, who else is using PS Home? And what else can I do that might be fun?

I only use the PS3 as a bluray player. The 360 is so much more advanced as a gaming platform.

That being said the PS HOME is probably more advanced as a social web 2.0 thingy than anything the 360 has.

Home is more a marketing tool for Sony to get brands to take advantage of than it is a social network IMO.

You could argue the 360's party system is a bigger innovation and more relevant to the intent of the device - gaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts