Playstation Now enables cloud streaming of games to all Sony platforms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Since the games are running off cloud servers I would expect the graphics quality to be the same or at least very similar. I would think the image quality would depend more on your internet speed than the hardware you are running it on. That was a common complaint when I read about onlive game streaming too though. Supposedly the image is overcompressed and the visuals suffer.

I use a wired 20+ mbps connection, so it probably can't get any better than that--though I should probably test it again to see if they've made any improvements over the course of the beta period. After tomorrow, I can do a direct comparison of Puppeteer, which becomes free for Plus members.

Hoping to get into the beta, unless they give some freebies to PS+ subs I don't expect this service will be for me. Not interested in renting/re-buying old titles I used to own and not expecting any kind of Netflix-style model.

Hoping to get into the beta, unless they give some freebies to PS+ subs I don't expect this service will be for me. Not interested in renting/re-buying old titles I used to own and not expecting any kind of Netflix-style model.

The only way I can see myself using it is if they allow free access to all the PS3 games we own digitally, including our free PS Plus games. If the picture quality isn't noticeably reduced that would be enough for me to pull the PS3 out of the entertainment center and just rely on my PS4 for Sony games. I think of they were going to do that they would be hyping it up though. Not gonna happen...

At first I thought a Netflix style streaming package might be something I would be interested in. The fact that this service would just be for PS3 and older games means I probably wouldn't sign up even if they offered an all you can eat package. New PS3 games are only gonna come out for so long and I already own most of the old games I would want to play.

Now, if this was some alternate reality where I could play any PS4/PS3/Vita game with no loss of quality I would probably pay as much as $50-$60 per month. That sounds expensive when I currently only pay about $15 for Gamefly but you would be able to switch to any game at will without waiting for the postal service. I could put away my PC and Xbox one for good and be a hardcore Sony fanboy for a service like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
They wouldn't be having sales like they did the lady few weeks either if they were going to grant you access over Now imo.

They're like $300m into this project and will have continuous bandwidth costs for the service, they're going to get $$ out of it whichever way they can.

The Net Neutrality stuff could be a factor too. They might have to pay ISPs for the bandwidth to make the service usable.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts