Playstation Plus Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would upgrade to 1TB too if I wasn't already so close to retiring my PS3 and moving on to PS4. I do plan on putting a 1TB drive in the PS4 as soon as I get it though.

That's actually the logic I used to get a 1 TB for my PS3 a few months ago. I figured at some point I would just swap it with the PS4's drive.

Regarding deleting install data, I hate to do it because then that game will essentially become dead to me, as whatever impulse I may ever have to get into would be mitigated by the fact that I'm looking at minimum 20-30 mins. to be up and running. Though if you know that there is no way you would ever play a certain game (especially if you don't own it anymore), then those gigs are just a paper weight on your HDD.

EDIT: though it only clears up a relatively small amount, also be sure to delete blu-ray movie install data, if you use your PS3 for that. Though most installs are very small, some can be in the 50-150 MB range, which add up if you're like me and watch a blu-ray every week from Netflix.

is it easy to upgrade a hard drive in a new PS4? i would have someone else do for me if i decided to do it because with my CP, mine hands sucks lol, but if i can re download games anytime i want that would work fine with me

is it easy to upgrade a hard drive in a new PS4? i would have someone else do for me if i decided to do it because with my CP, mine hands sucks lol, but if i can re download games anytime i want that would work fine with me

I assume you mean PS3. I don't think anyone knows about the PS4 yet. Just search on YouTube for the many videos that show you how to do it to see if it's something you can handle. I'd link one here except the procedure is slightly different depending on the model you have (but there are multiple videos for every model). Just be sure to use the full back up and restore function first to back up your saves, games, digital content, and data (the videos should show you that as well). I've done it for two different models (phat and first slim model), and the only thing that's tricky is having the right screw driver head. Some don't loosen the screws as well without potentially stripping the grooves in the screw if you're not careful (i.e., if you use too much pressure forcing it when it's not the right screw driver).

I would upgrade to 1TB too if I wasn't already so close to retiring my PS3 and moving on to PS4. I do plan on putting a 1TB drive in the PS4 as soon as I get it though.
I might just grab 2 drives. 1 for the PS3 and the other for the PS4 when I get one. Especailly if I get a great deal on the drives at the time.

I have a SATA docking station, so the old drives can be used as backup devices. My daughter tends to throw a lot of anime on external drives.

I just went through and deleted a few of my install files. So far the worst offender was MLB the Show 2012 at just under 10GB.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)