The PlayStation Vue Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My area does not have locals (except CBS) and I personally like the On Demand Access better. It allows me to record what I want and watch when I want.

Switched back to H3 today. Sony needs better QC. Yesterday (this wasn't first time) AHC looped to same spot all day and nobody noticed. Finally about 9pm central I cancelled and wrote a nasty note why I cancelled and they immediately fixed the looping. This isn't my job to report or babysit channels not working.

I reinstated the H3 this morning and went back with top 200 pkg and 'Yes' the hopper3 is very nice but expensive. I won't have all the issues I've encountered with streaming and looping channels ignored all day, recordings cut off short and most aggravating of all the shows being blacked out because they don't have full streaming rights. This last issue is growing by the day for some reason, I'm running into programming issues or lack of streaming rights almost daily on PSVUE.

Reactions: shew
I'm still very pleased with the service. Fortunately I have had none of the issues some have had.

Whether that is luck, or I just don't watch the same channels, I do not know. I do watch AHC quite a bit though, and I didn't notice what camo did. Perhaps it happened when I wasn't using the service.

So I am staying put. At least until I myself have issues I do not want to deal with or the price gets to sat levels.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: rodder
Never a problem with Vue for us either.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

The only problems I ever seem to have is with my local NBC network affiliate. The syndicated game shows, Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, get blacked out, and I occasionally experience glitches with DVR'd shows - actually just one, the only one I record from a major broadcast network, The Blacklist. (At least twice I've had to watch an episode on demand because of a glitched recording.)

Also every once in a while, it freezes while fast-forwarding commercials. Not a big deal. But last night, it froze several times during each commercial break. It doesn't happen on any other channel, but my local NBC affiliate. Does anyone else have DVR playback issues with shows recorded on their local network affiliates (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox)?

Yep. While I'm not doing any dishes anymore, I'm definitely over the streaming experiment. Back to cable I'm going. Heading to Omaha for 6 months and getting Cox.

Just tired of missing certain channels. Bottom line is that those prices are going to continue to rise. Doesn't matter what you're watching on.

I've had the looping issue a few times myself. Last time was a couple of nights ago while watching The Simpson's on FXX.

But for now, Vue offers me the best bang for the buck and the channels I enjoy.

Pay TV providers will always have rising prices. The new guys always start off with cheap prices until they get more and more popular and their overhead increases. Eventually they have to increase their rates as well.
They will but at least I won't have fees for other rooms. I loved the hopper but paying Joey fees stinks. Especially when I own them.

My daughter watches everything on her ipad. Just like all her friends. It's nice not having fees on that stuff.

They will but at least I won't have fees for other rooms. I loved the hopper but paying Joey fees stinks. Especially when I own them.

My daughter watches everything on her ipad. Just like all her friends. It's nice not having fees on that stuff.

What happens instead is that they have restrictions on how many devices you can watch live TV on at once. As they gain more and more customers it wouldn't surprise me if they started charging per device at some point.

The reason I say this is because I have never seen a popular product that was able to maintain the same price point over numerous years. Expenses always go up.

That may happen but why add all the fees and be just like everyone else? If that happens people would cancel.

5 devices at a time works for us. If they start charging per device I'm out. TV just isn't that important to us. It looks like that is catching on. People getting sick of the high prices. Plus the young ones could care less. Something has to change.

T Mobile is pretty popular now and has the same price point. They shook up wireless big time. Would love to see them do that to TV.

That may happen but why add all the fees and be just like everyone else? If that happens people would cancel.

5 devices at a time works for us. If they start charging per device I'm out. TV just isn't that important to us. It looks like that is catching on. People getting sick of the high prices. Plus the young ones could care less. Something has to change.

T Mobile is pretty popular now and has the same price point. They shook up wireless big time. Would love to see them do that to TV.

Why? Expenses, why else do companies raise rates? I know the general population likes to believe companies just raise rates to make more money to line their pockets but that's not entirely true. The larger a company gets the more overhead it has.

Again people will just leave. Its happening to Dish. Its happening to everyone.

People are tired of it. These new services would be stupid to follow what cable and satellite have done.

Reactions: primestar31
Again people will just leave. Its happening to Dish. Its happening to everyone.

People are tired of it. These new services would be stupid to follow what cable and satellite have done.

I guess that's just the nature of business then. Usually a business starts off small and competitive. Once word gets out about them they become more popular. When you get popular you need to hire more employees to meet customer demand. If things keep going well then a business needs to expand even more which leads to hiring even more employees. Not only to they have a much higher payroll but they most likely are paying much more in taxes. Not only that but they are paying fees in multiple states and there are major costs in adding benefits for your employees and insurance. Utility prices go up every year and the cost of all the products you buy from vendors goes up as well.

As you can see it goes on and on. There are a few options though. A business can choose to stay small and keep costs down but then they have to limit their customer base. The can continue to grow but will have to pass their higher costs on to the customer. In order to keep their customers happy with increased rates is to offer them superior service and a great product. The business needs to offer a product that is worth the going rate and if it doesn't customers will then move onto the next up and coming new business with the lower rate until it happens all over again.

Reactions: Bobby
As soon as that happens I'm out. Its only TV. No need to get worked up over it.

I see people here get so angry when their favorite service get's criticized. Life is to short.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts