The PlayStation Vue Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As soon as that happens I'm out. Its only TV. No need to get worked up over it.

I see people here get so angry when their favorite service get's criticized. Life is to short.

I'm not trying to get defensive of Dish I'm more so defending businesses in general. I'm just try to make people aware of how businesses work. Far too often I see people make comments like this as if it's just so easy. Think of it more of me trying to give everyone a better understanding of how things work and why. I know you say you'll just switch to something else then and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't have any issues but don't be surprised if you see it happen again with the company you switched to.

I see plenty of people on here and on social media continually say how prices need to be lower. You said that a company would be stupid to follow what Dish and DirecTV did so my question is, what is a better way?

I'm not trying to get defensive of Dish I'm more so defending businesses in general. I'm just try to make people aware of how businesses work. Far too often I see people make comments like this as if it's just so easy. Think of it more of me trying to give everyone a better understanding of how things work and why. I know you say you'll just switch to something else then and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't have any issues but don't be surprised if you see it happen again with the company you switched to.

I see plenty of people on here and on social media continually say how prices need to be lower. You said that a company would be stupid to follow what Dish and DirecTV did so my question is, what is a better way?
I never thought for a second you were like that. It was nice having a good adult conversation. Thank you.

I like what PS Vue is doing. They advertise no fees. That right there got me. I didn't mean I will switch. I'll just be done. I'll buy season passes of the cable shows we like.

Speculation is that it may have to do with BeIN Sports being Qatari owned(the same who owns Al Jazeera) & due to the UAE blocking its transmission. This may be out of Vue's hands.
The channel still exists on Dish, I dont think much of that simplistic speculation.

Speculation is that it may have to do with BeIN Sports being Qatari owned(the same who owns Al Jazeera) & due to the UAE blocking its transmission. This may be out of Vue's hands.

Lots of pissed off people:

I watch La Liga (spanish league) and Serie A and MotoGP and this sucks. Good thing I have DirecTV, I'd be pissed if DirecTV were to drop beinSports.
Spanish League is a huge draw.

I've honestly never heard of the channel. I do understand it can be frustrating to lose one you like though, no matter how popular or not it is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Update: beIN Sports issued this statement:

"For soccer fans and passionate viewers of the quality programming on beIN SPORTS, we regret to inform you we’ve reached an impasse involving our contract with Playstation Vue. Sony has refused to renew the contract with our channel and chosen to remove us from their PSVUE service. Because of this unilateral decision, our loyal subscribers like you will be deprived of access to beIN as of today. We made every possible effort to reach a deal with Sony since we believe the top sports leagues, games, insights and analysis should be made available to the largest possible audience of fans. Regrettably, Sony has decided that our value proposition is not enough for their viewers."

I've honestly never heard of the channel. I do understand it can be frustrating to lose one you like though, no matter how popular or not it is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Its a major sports channel that displays La Liga, Serie A & French League 1. A lot of die hard soccer fans use Bein Sports to watch their favorite teams.
They also show MotoGP. So world class sports. There are many people that watch Bein Sports, their ratings the last 2-3 years have skyrocketed, and if they had better support and if they were added to the base channel package they may even beat ESPN/FS1 in ratings because they show games that the other networks do not have the rights to.

Basically Bein Sports is what ESPN use to be, nowadays ESPN all they show is sports talk shows all day long instead of sporting events.

Update: beIN Sports issued this statement:

"For soccer fans and passionate viewers of the quality programming on beIN SPORTS, we regret to inform you we’ve reached an impasse involving our contract with Playstation Vue. Sony has refused to renew the contract with our channel and chosen to remove us from their PSVUE service. Because of this unilateral decision, our loyal subscribers like you will be deprived of access to beIN as of today. We made every possible effort to reach a deal with Sony since we believe the top sports leagues, games, insights and analysis should be made available to the largest possible audience of fans. Regrettably, Sony has decided that our value proposition is not enough for their viewers."

If they lose few K subscribers its gonna fire them in the rear. They are not doing any favors to viewers these days especially with no Viacom channels.
If DTV Now were to finally add a DVR feature people would jump ships right away.

If they lose few K subscribers its gonna fire them in the rear. They are not doing any favors to viewers these days especially with no Viacom channels.
If DTV Now were to finally add a DVR feature people would jump ships right away.

I have tried them all Vue is still the best. You are right about Direc tv Now. They need a Dvr for me to change. Also I would need to Go Big $35 promo back to switch.

Its a major sports channel that displays La Liga, Serie A & French League 1. A lot of die hard soccer fans use Bein Sports to watch their favorite teams.
They also show MotoGP. So world class sports. .
I am assuming all of those are soccer? If so, that explains why I have not heard of it.

Soccer is obviously wildly popular in other parts of the world, and has gained more of a following in the states than in the past, but it is still far behind the other national sports in popularity in the US.

Personally I want to like it, but I just don't understand it, and in not understanding it makes it hard for me to watch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Actually I think Viacom being gone (on other platforms too), hurts them even more. Most will move on or buy a season pass for the series (unless they don't offer it) rather than pay the price they are rumored to be asking for their own streaming service.

Reactions: Gobucks
Apparently, Sony is replacing BeIN with another international sports network, though it won't necessarily include action from the premier soccer leagues.
http://cordcuttersnews.com/playstation-vue-adds-eleven-sports-network-lineup/

I'm just wondering how long Sony can keep balking at increased channel fees, which are inevitable whenever a contract is up for renewal, before having to bite the bullet and raise prices instead of dropping channels.

With BeIN, in typical Sony fashion, they missed a marketing/PR opportunity. In the email, they should have been more upfront with the pricing issue so people understand why it's going, in addition to negotiating a fee with BeIN to offer it (and possibly their entire suite) as an add-on channel package like they do Fox Soccer Plus. People who MUST HAVE this channel will go elsewhere even if it means paying more. Why not at least give them the option to pay more on Vue?

They will do it as long as the channels in question aren't within their most watched I'd assume.

This channel , I do not see causing much subscriber loss , even if it does make some subs unhappy.
Viacom would have had a bigger impact, but even then it didn't seem to hurt much.

Let espn come up, the price will raise.

Reactions: Zookster
Apparently, Sony is replacing BeIN with another international sports network, though it won't necessarily include action from the premier soccer leagues.
http://cordcuttersnews.com/playstation-vue-adds-eleven-sports-network-lineup/

I'm just wondering how long Sony can keep balking at increased channel fees, which are inevitable whenever a contract is up for renewal, before having to bite the bullet and raise prices instead of dropping channels.

With BeIN, in typical Sony fashion, they missed a marketing/PR opportunity. In the email, they should have been more upfront with the pricing issue so people understand why it's going, in addition to negotiating a fee with BeIN to offer it (and possibly their entire suite) as an add-on channel package like they do Fox Soccer Plus. People who MUST HAVE this channel will go elsewhere even if it means paying more. Why not at least give them the option to pay more on Vue?

They can't really replace Bein sports that easily since Bein holds the rights to all La Liga/Serie A/French league 1/ and MotoGP, they may provide an alternative but Thur wouldn't be able to broadcast any of the above league games legally unless they come up with a deal with those leagues directly.

Reactions: bharath_das
Also some of the world cup qualifying matches are being broadcasted on Bein Sports, gonna make soccer fans mad.

They can't really replace Bein sports that easily since Bein holds the rights to all La Liga/Serie A/French league 1/ and MotoGP, they may provide an alternative but Thur wouldn't be able to broadcast any of the above league games legally unless they come up with a deal with those leagues directly.

The great thing about streaming and not having a contract is, you can simply walk away.

The great thing about streaming and not having a contract is, you can simply walk away.
Yea no more contracts. People in the Dish forum love to point out the fact your still under contract. Even when they drop channels or they go dark for a while.

Its always.... Everyone has disputes and losses channels. Look at your contract. They can drop channels and do what they want. With streaming you can just leave. Vue drops your channel. No prob you can go and not have to pay.

No equipment to return either. I still own a Hopper WS and 3 Joey's though. Always loved that Hopper. Hated the fees. From $7 to $15 real quick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts