The PlayStation Vue Thread

Well to be honest, if I won the lottery, I would go back to Cox and get the full Contour package treatment, every add-on channel tier, and multiple satellite room receivers. The PQ and AQ (with 5.1 DD) was better than Vue. And I had better DVR control. But that's what it would take -- an inordinate amount of disposable income to justify almost triple the expense.

Reactions: spencer7779
I may be in the minority, but I find I prefer the overall pq with Vue vs dish for sure, and maybe even DirecTV.

The resolution might be lower, but the lack of blocking during things like sports makes for a more pleasing visual experience to me.

Reactions: Zookster
I may be in the minority, but I find I prefer the overall pq with Vue vs dish for sure, and maybe even DirecTV.

The resolution might be lower, but the lack of blocking during things like sports makes for a more pleasing visual experience to me.

I agree with your dish comparison without question. To my eyes Directv wins by a very small nudge.

Reactions: JerryDee24
Well i got the email from Vue stating that my price for Core(formerly Core Slim) will go up to $44.99 per month starting in November. if all of the locals go live for me then it's no big deal. No matter what, I still think that Vue is a good deal. The pricing is just becoming more uniform across the board.

I agree with your dish comparison without question. To my eyes Directv wins by a very small nudge.
That's probably right. When I swapped from DirecTV to dish I had them side by side and could compare. Then I cut off DirecTV.

When I signed up to Vue I had dish and could compare them side by side.

I've never done a direct side by side with DirecTV and Vue.

I do think in a blind viewing of a general program, nobody would be able to tell they were watching Vue and not a sat or cable service on any of my sets.

The only thing the "extra equipment" can offer, is dvr function, correct? Or is there something else I'm not aware of?

Many streaming options already have or will have a cloud dvr. As for me, Charter/Spectrum's 10 year old dvr in their legacy areas is hideous, barely works, and doesn't even come UP to the standard of a Dish VIP622.

The DVR hard drive along with an external hard drive allows you to save thousands of shows. The DVR allows me to record a lot all at once. The receiver allows me to watch 4 HD shows at once all on one screen. The whole home system allows me to watch HD programming on 4 TVs and the wireless joey lets me watch HD programming in any room in the house or outside. I can transfer recordings onto my ipad and watch a show without needed to use any of my receivers.

These are just the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure there are some streaming services that can do some of these but I don't think there is one that can do it all.

Regarding keeping OTT pricing in check, keep in mind Dish owns Sling TV. Right now Dish satellite seems to be their offering for "premium TV" or for those in rural America with no data ISP/solid OTA. Sling is their offering for cord cutters. They have both worlds covered.

Sling (Dish) keeping their prices low should help keep Vue in check. There's also new comers like Fubo and of course other streaming services like Prime, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube.

The Dish a la carte packages & Direct TV ATT bundles should help keep satellite prices down. Cable companies are scrambling to keep up.

Bottom line, competition is better for the consumer.

Regarding quality, I switched from HD Comast 3 years ago and the jump when I moved to Dish was VERY obvious. I set my parents up with Sling TV and while it looks okay for them, I can tell it's compressed and/or low bitrate.

Reactions: primestar31
Just got the word today that my Vue package is going up from $35 to $45 per month after the next 3 billing periods. Wondered how long it would take for the price to go up. Not going to hit the panic button yet, but I wish that they would get the rest of the 4 major locals up and running. Just have 2 so far. CBS and Fox. Fox came aboard just a few days ago here in Cleveland.

Well i got the email from Vue stating that my price for Core(formerly Core Slim) will go up to $44.99 per month starting in November. if all of the locals go live for me then it's no big deal. No matter what, I still think that Vue is a good deal. The pricing is just becoming more uniform across the board.

I received the same email.

My guess is local's will be delivered and those packages will now be the same as those who had local's already at the $54 price point. My understanding, theirs is not going up. Is this accurate?

I have until the end of Oct. to decide but still, with DVR, channels delivered, the use of apps, and good PQ, they are hard to beat.

I received the same email.

My guess is local's will be delivered and those packages will now be the same as those who had local's already at the $54 price point. My understanding, theirs is not going up. Is this accurate?

I have until the end of Oct. to decide but still, with DVR, channels delivered, the use of apps, and good PQ, they are hard to beat.
Exactly

Here Are The PlayStation Vue Markets That Will NOT See a Price Hike
Here Are The PlayStation Vue Markets That Will NOT See a Price Hike - Cord Cutters News

The price will just be uniform.

The DVR hard drive along with an external hard drive allows you to save thousands of shows. The DVR allows me to record a lot all at once. The receiver allows me to watch 4 HD shows at once all on one screen. The whole home system allows me to watch HD programming on 4 TVs and the wireless joey lets me watch HD programming in any room in the house or outside. I can transfer recordings onto my ipad and watch a show without needed to use any of my receivers.

These are just the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure there are some streaming services that can do some of these but I don't think there is one that can do it all.
Everyone is different. I don't need thousands of recordings stored just in case I might want to watch again. I have 500 some films through Vudu. Plus we record our shows and watch them with in a day or two. Plus there is no limit on what can be recorded at the same time. In the fall I record college football
Vue recorded every game on that Saturday. All off them. That's kinda cool.

I have the Hopper and Joeys. I own them. They're very good and convient. It's just the associated fees to watch in different rooms. With Vue and D TV now. Any room just about any device no fees. If Dish would have let me use my Joeys without the "mirroring fees." I would probably still be there. Maybe I'll be back some day.

Reactions: Zookster
I left DirecTV about a year ago and as of today, with Vue, Netflix, and Hulu (got for 5.99 per) I am paying about $120 per month and that includes 100mbps internet with no data cap. Pretty reasonable IMO. But, it will go up by $10 come Nov. and If they add Hallmark, I'll be sitting in tall cotton.

Of course, that doesn't include MLB At Bat which I get at a good price with the veteran discount. I am hoping that Sunday Ticket will be welcomed via streaming this fall. If not, I 'll spend an extra $40 for Red Zone on Vue. As you can see sports is a big deal for me.

Now, I might dump Hulu or Netflix (if Amazon becomes as good) and pick up something else but for today, The shows I watch on Hulu are available via On Demand, which I assume will get even better going forward. I feel I have it covered.

Reactions: Gobucks
I left DirecTV about a year ago and as of today, with Vue, Netflix, and Hulu (got for 5.99 per) I am paying about $120 per month and that includes 100mbps internet with no data cap. Pretty reasonable IMO. But, it will go up by $10 come Nov. and If they add Hallmark, I'll be sitting in tall cotton.

Of course, that doesn't include MLB At Bat which I get at a good price with the veteran discount. I am hoping that Sunday Ticket will be welcomed via streaming this fall. If not, I 'll spend an extra $40 for Red Zone on Vue. As you can see sports is a big deal for me.

Now, I might dump Hulu or Netflix (if Amazon becomes as good) and pick up something else but for today, The shows I watch on Hulu are available via On Demand, which I assume will get even better going forward. I feel I have it covered.
If you have Verizon Wireless service(Unlimited plan), you can get the NFL games that way, just cast the games to your TV from your cell phone.

Everyone is different. I don't need thousands of recordings stored just in case I might want to watch again. I have 500 some films through Vudu. Plus we record our shows and watch them with in a day or two. Plus there is no limit on what can be recorded at the same time. In the fall I record college football
Vue recorded every game on that Saturday. All off them. That's kinda cool.

I do that too. I recently read somewhere (rumor?), PS Vue has auto-extended the recording time for sports programming. I think it was by 40 minutes. Can anyone confirm?

Reactions: Gobucks
It's funny.
Do people really think sat/cable will stop raising fees each year??
Not happening.
Streaming has a ways to go fee wise to catch up.
Again...not happening either.

Something has to break. They are going to put themselves out of business if they don't control their prices better.

I agree.
Though I love sports, sports salaries and endorsement deals are killing the industry imo.
When I see a coach or player sign an outrageous contract, guess who pays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts