The PlayStation Vue Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My experience was more pixelation randomly throughout the process. I also had issues that a football game video would just freeze while the voices would continue going. I also hated the interface on Sling. The DVR function did not work very well compared to Vue. It would record random shows from a year ago where as Vue would only record new items. The guide is ridiculous and I also had a long pause when changing channels

None of the issues should be my internet btw as it is more then fast enough and I live alone.
I had the same experience as you did over many times testing sling. What drove me away from it each time was a big broadcast episode that dropped out or became so pixelated that it was not watchable. Flipping over to Vue on the same program and it was rock solid.

While I found several things to like about sling, if it keeps me from watching the very few things I do watch, then it isnt worth it.

Reactions: JerryVolunteer
Is there any way to know exactly when a show will expire? On the phone app, I can sort by "expiring soonest" but there's no dates I've seen. So if it's a series put at the top, I'm not sure what episode I'm about to "lose" (although those often shift to VOD).

I ended up getting a Roku Ultra (4K HDR) bc I don't care for how the new Gen 2 Amazon Fire TV is wifi only. I also could pick up the R.U. at local stores. There was a wait, even online for the newer Gen 2 wifi Fire TV. Good luck finding the Gen 1 now with Ethernet for a reasonable price. Ebay scalpers were having a field day.

I'm not a big channel surfer. I'm either watching a recorded show/VOD or a live sporting event I was aware of before airing (World Series, Texas A&M football, MNF, etc). With that in mind regarding Vue and my watching habits, I've been very pleased with the Roku Ultra purchase. I also have it loaded up network specific apps (using Vue credentials) & freebies (YT, PBS, PBS Kids, CW, Crackle, Tubi, Pluto, etc). We've been using the mess out of it! A standard remote experience to navigate is nice versus casting via phone. I'm old :]

I recently compared Core versus Access to see if it's worth my $5 after football season is over. I can list those channels when I'm at my PC. As I've mentioned before, IFC is the big draw to me. I also noticed th Olympic Channel! That will be nice come February winter games.

I ended up getting a Roku Ultra (4K HDR) bc I don't care for how the new Gen 2 Amazon Fire TV is wifi only. I also could pick up the R.U. at local stores. There was a wait, even online for the newer Gen 2 wifi Fire TV. Good luck finding the Gen 1 now with Ethernet for a reasonable price. Ebay scalpers were having a field day.

Are you talking about the new fire TV dongle?

The 2nd gen fire 4k TV box is not wifi only. And still for sale on Amazon itself.

Are you talking about the new fire TV dongle?

The 2nd gen fire 4k TV box is not wifi only. And still for sale on Amazon itself.

Yes, the dongle is what I was referring to as Gen 2. My mistake there. Seems they're moving the way of the Chromecast design. There's an Ethernet adapter but my experience with similar adapters has been subpar regarding speeds. They just list the box now as previous gen and unavailable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U3FPN4U/?tag=satell01-20

Either way, you cannot get the box new anymore it seems, only refurbished which seems like drawing straws per the reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UH4D8G2/?tag=satell01-20

The stick doesn't interest me due to wifi and lack of processing. I like the option of using the Roku Ultra as designed Ethernet or wifi when needed (on the go).

Not sure @ stereo vs Dolby, etc. I tend to be pretty simple with audio setups.

Those if you still grandfathered in for the Core Slim packages at the old price, make sure you update your CC info right away. Got a new MC today, I activated it this AM (Old card was good through 11/17) but once I activated it the old card died. Just got a e-mail that my CC was declined so my service was shut off, they will NOT let me renew at my old rate. Was blindsided by this one. Talk about bad timing was going to go into everything tonight and update the CC info.

Those if you still grandfathered in for the Core Slim packages at the old price, make sure you update your CC info right away. Got a new MC today, I activated it this AM (Old card was good through 11/17) but once I activated it the old card died. Just got a e-mail that my CC was declined so my service was shut off, they will NOT let me renew at my old rate. Was blindsided by this one. Talk about bad timing was going to go into everything tonight and update the CC info.
In the the PS Vue Facebook group some people who had the exact same thing happen are saying they were able to get a $10 refund.

I'll check it out, but looking at the video I still see some differences. The video playing inside the guide comes to mind.

I'll check it out, but looking at the video I still see some differences. The video playing inside the guide comes to mind.

I'm playing around with it right now. I like the horizontal layout and I can scroll up to get to the end of it (a continuous scroll, unlike the PS4 where it doesn't start over when it reaches the end). The lack of video inside the guide is a disappointment, and I'm not getting options to interact with shows within the guide (on the PS4, I highlight a show and then press a button to add to my shows while staying in the guide). Overall, lots of extra button presses to navigate compared to what I'm used to with the PS4.

I didn't even notice it was horizontal. I knew something else looked different but couldn't place it. Haha

Interesting that they would change that.

Does FireTV show you the video speeding in the background during FF/RW of recorded shows? The PS4 does, but sadly the new Roku app doesn't. How do you know when to stop?

On ffw I do not know. I use the 10 second skip and hit it the number of times a typical commercial lasts.

Usually gets very close

Reactions: JerryVolunteer
On ffw I do not know. I use the 10 second skip and hit it the number of times a typical commercial lasts.

Usually gets very close
That's what I've been doing on the Roku. It works great and is probably faster than hitting FF for commercial breaks. But sometimes I'm looking for a specific scene (or in sports, play or score).

The new app is much improved. Just installed it on my old Roku 3 and it is fairly smooth even on it.

I really like the guide and prefer it to the fire and PS guide. The infinite scroll is great. Add the video in the top corner and it would be near perfect.

Some shortcuts are missing that the fire has. I could get by without them, but some I do use often. The last channel for instance.

I hope they roll this guide out to the other platforms. I'm gonna stick with the fire TV, as I have them at all sets, but if I were buying to out a box at each tv for this service, I'd not hesitate to recommend the Roku if that is what one preferred. I would have before

Anyone tried it with the new Roku stick?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)