The PlayStation Vue Thread

So far absolutely no stutter watching the NCAA tourney (or any program) with the PQ being fantastic. I checked the same feeds on sling, and it was much slower to ramp up to good PQ, that IMO did not seem as crisp even then.

That's a good early test of the service.

That's a good early test of the service.
I thought so. Granted Sling probably has a fair amount more subscribers to put a drain on their network, but even when it started I noticed drop outs and ramp ups. In fact right after it came out, The Walking Dead was unwatchable for me because it kept dropping. They have mostly fixed the issue, but I have still seen it occasionally.

In all, PSVue just seems to be more efficient and stable at this point.

Unless I'm just thick headed, I couldn't find a way to cancel the free trial. Dug around a bit and the only way I could find was to use a PS3 or 4 and get the PSVue app and unsubscribe from there. Couldn't find any way on the internet and not in the app on the FireTV.

Surely there has to be some way to do it other than via a Playstation console.

I've finished my testing of the service. Push come to shove, I could live with it and enjoy it. Even with some of the shortcomings in the UI at the moment. But I'm under contract with Dish and the H3 is far superior to this streaming service. Of course, it comes at a much higher price! And after looking at lots of streaming services, boxing on Showtime/HBO streamers is poorly handled with many fights completely missing. Because of that I probably wouldn't be all that interested going forward.

But then again, if I wasn't under contract and could save a significant amount, I might reconsider.

My Bravia offers a PlayStation™Now app to allow some PlayStation gameplay on my TV. I think Sony should bring the PS Vue direct to their SmartTVs and eliminate the external streaming device requirement for those Sony TVs. In other words, sell more Sony TVs that can receive their SplayStation Vue network. Or, is that a monopolistic practice?

They don't have an Android version of PS Vue yet. Probably will have the app on their TVs sometime around the time they finish the Android version since their newer TVs run Android TVOS.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: bamasat
My Bravia offers a PlayStation™Now app to allow some PlayStation gameplay on my TV. I think Sony should bring the PS Vue direct to their SmartTVs and eliminate the external streaming device requirement for those Sony TVs. In other words, sell more Sony TVs that can receive their SplayStation Vue network. Or, is that a monopolistic practice?
I agree.
Should be under " Sony select " in the app listings it would seem.

As I posted though, it's nice that the sony remote works the fire stick or the better picture and fluency of the ps4 for that matter also. ( all functions work including hitting back button a couple times to end up at " home screen" from any screen on Ps4 )
I'm pretty sure that's due to the "arc / cec" inclusions & setting.
Over all still impressed with " the vue".

In other words, sell more Sony TVs that can receive their SplayStation Vue network.
SplayStation? :rolleyes: Late night doing Windows Updates at work...

I guess we'll see what Sony rolls out in the next year.

Walking dead test. So far so good.

The dvr feature is not ideal but it works once you figure it out and something sling doesn't offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried it this weekend, and I was also very impressed.
If it becomes available on roku, than we'll really have something.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: jegrant
I wonder if this is the sticking point in Dish/NBC negotiations - I bet Dish wants full "out of house" rights for NBCU channels on Sling. I find it downright odd, though, that for virtually every channel blacked out on the Mobile version of PS Vue, that those same channels are included in the TV Everywhere access. So you can't watch USA through the Vue app, but you can watch it in the USA NOW app with Vue login. This seems like, to borrow a term, a distinction without a difference.

If they let you watch outside your house it will be great.
I don't do that now, so it doesn't bother me one bit.
If I'm on the road we just use Netflix, or HBO go.
I've never had any desire to need anything from my Hopper ,HR, or Tivo that couldn't wait until I got home.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It appears Sony is using false advertising in promoting the packages with regional sports networks. Many users complaining they either aren't available or live MLB, NBA, and NHL games are blacked out. Sony reps not on the same page with their responses.

It appears Sony is using false advertising in promoting the packages with regional sports networks. Many users complaining they either aren't available or live MLB, NBA, and NHL games are blacked out. Sony reps not on the same page with their responses.
I thought to official response was a glitch in placing the tv logos on the listing page, and a fix was forthcoming. Personally, I can buy that as I never saw RSNs listed in the base package, and others say they did.

Either that or customers did not click the different package tab and werent looking at what they thought they were.

I thought to official response was a glitch in placing the tv logos on the listing page, and a fix was forthcoming. Personally, I can buy that as I never saw RSNs listed in the base package, and others say they did.

Either that or customers did not click the different package tab and werent looking at what they thought they were.
Regional sports appear in the Core Slim & Elite Slim plans.

And they are available there. Some were seeing them in the base package on the website apparently. Or thought they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)