Please educate me... NFL on ABC not widescreen?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If this game is advertised in HD and on regular ABC, can I go to my regular ABC channel and see it in widescreen HD or do I have to be receiving OTA HD?

OTA is the regular channel. DIsh does not carry locals in HD. My abc from dish is in SD.

The disclaimer on all HD or Dolby broadcats is "Where available"

I am watching in in HD widescreen off OTA here. It is not HD off the satellite. You can set your receiver to stretch to fill your widescreen but the quality will be SD and probably crappy.

SatinKzo said:
OTA is the regular channel. DIsh does not carry locals in HD. My abc from dish is in SD.

The disclaimer on all HD or Dolby broadcats is "Where available"

So OTA is the regular channel but in HD "if available" and would be widescreen if I had an OTA antenna? I'm only watching ABC on the Dish channel so from what you're saying (and what Dish is giving me) its SD.

I was browsing th HD Sports Guide site and it said this game was in HD on ABC but what I see on the ABC Dish channel is not HD widescreen - its good quality SD but no HD in 16:9.

I guess I really need an OTA HD antenna to get these major public network HD sporting events?

I'm so freakin ignorant... LOL. Somebody please recommend a decent OTA HD antenna - I'm so looking forward to my first HD NFL season and didn't realize I needed an OTA antenna for all the ABC, CBS, and Fox games. I just assumed it would be on the regular Dish channels...

So good OTA HD antennas???

Thanks guys.

Do you have local digital station that are broadcasting HD? Where are you located & what city do you get you locals from? Do you have an HD tv with a built in digital tuner or did you buy a digital OTA receiver?

1) You need an HD TV set.
2) You need an HD tuner (either built into the set, or provided by Dish).
3) You need an antenna capable of pulling in the signal from your digital towers.

See www.antennaweb.org
Enter your zip code for a list of digital stations, and an estimate on the type of antenna you might need.

I have everything but the OTA antenna... HLR6168 1080p 61" HDTV, 942 receiver, I'm in Houston, got HD Pack + Voom, Dish 500 + Voom Dish... I'm headed over to antennaweb.org to see what antenna I need - I bet its going to be a medium caliber UHF - I can't be more than 40 miles away from any tower/transmitter.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)