Please HELP! (Lengthy but please read)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This website should help you:

http://www.motorola.com/content.jsp?globalObjectId=5178-8310

Download the "DSR410 Installation & Troubleshooting Guide"

It has instructions on installing and aiming the dish and setting up the DSR410.

If the receiver won't let you enter a channel, then it probably doesn't have a complete set of channel maps. You can't download the current channel maps from the satellite until you properly install and aim the satellite dish.

...and the satellite name needs to be in the receiver in order to tell it what it is looking for??? Because ever since I did the factory reset the satellite name cleared and I have not been able to get ANY signal according to the box...even whhen I was getting signal BEFORE the factory reset???

Thanks for the link...I actually found that awhile ago and printed out the pages and that is how I even got it mapped in the first place (I think)...Now nadda, zip, zilch...even after attempting to redo everything according to the HITS 2 HOME guide (as I dd before)...

Have you tried to get an analog reciever (or another reciever you have setup on a similar dish? -- just transfer the coax) hooked up temporarily just long enough to actually find the satellite with that dish? After that you can figure out that reciever. Sounds like you are taking on a double whammy, and there may be settings not correctly setup, or defective reciever, along with the out of tune dish.

Or maybe, I'd hate to suggest, but you could try that guy out again (might call a different guy cause the first one called might remember you and charge more :p )

Swallowed my pride...asked the guy to come out...He did everything I did and not even as much...I had to help him on some of the things...But even he admitted he had no clue unless it was a dish satellite 101 12? I don't know...Said his Bird Dog meter? didn't have 99* West in it???

*UPDATE*

Got a couple more 410 units and by golly I now get reception...the other box was bad I suppose because both of the new(er) units work like a charm...

Thankyou each and everyone for your comments and suggestions and support that was offered to me...:D :up

I can say from experience (mostly with star choice installation) that in using a Motorola box (DCII) it can be a very very frustrating experience. There have been times when I KNEW I was right on the satellite and left the receiver on for probably close to an hour without it registering that I was on the correct satellite. It wasn't until I reset the receiver and let it do it's thing all over again that it registered the correct satellite.........if you've never done it before it can be almost impossible! I'd try re-connecting the old receiver now that you know you're on the right satellite and do the factory reset one more time to see if it works.
Congrats on getting the signal...........oh, and the installer's Birddog would simply have needed the correct satellite programmed into it and he would have been much more helpfull to you! I can't believe what passes for an "installer" these days.

First 2 pix are of the way it was when I got there...The last 3 are when I was in the process of revamping and had already cut over the new launch amps.

Sorry it took so long:eek:...Actually it has surpassed even the revamping but I have not gotten pictures of that stage.

Attachments

• Headend TowerAntennas 006.jpg
    Headend TowerAntennas 006.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Head End 008.jpg
    Head End 008.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Pictures 001.jpg
    Pictures 001.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Pictures 012.jpg
    Pictures 012.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Pictures 014.jpg
    Pictures 014.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 115
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts