Please reply by conversation.

Janin

Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
Caribbean
dscf3068.JPG

dscf3069kz.jpg

dscf3070i.jpg

The thing is all metal, missing its cap.
It was most likely used to capture 110 and/or 119 west.

Janin

That appears to me, to be a C-band ONLY LNBF. It couldn't have been used for the sats you mention, as they are KU circular. You can buy new lnbf's of this sort for less than $40, so why even bother with it?

Never seen before

That appears to me, to be a C-band ONLY LNBF. It couldn't have been used for the sats you mention, as they are KU circular. You can buy new lnbf's of this sort for less than $40, so why even bother with it?

Thanks for your swift reply.
It came with an offset Channel Master 6-footer so I did not think about C-band.
You are quite right, I am not going to use it, as it also has a rather thick neck (about 62mm) and I believe in my Eagle Aspen DT32+.
Just wanted to know what kind of LNB that is, as I have never seen one like it.

Janin

Maybe it still works? Should get some fair C-band reception in that Channel Master dish if it is in good condition. Seems like an early LNBF model, likely has an oddball LO or single polarity. I've seen those large offset Channel Master dishes set up but usually with a decent feedhorn/LNB combo as a downlink for TV/radio stations on Ku. The C-band LNBF is likely an aftermarket accessory.

6-footers ChM

I'd love to have a 1.8M Channel Master dish, those are very desirable! Mount a modern C or Ku-Band LNB(F) and have fun!

Indeed, they are very good dishes and very hard to come by in this country (Dominican Rep.).
Besides the one I am using I have 2 spares.... :)

Janin

There was a 60-62mm KU circular LNBF distributed many years ago out of Florida. Believe that it was a standard circular with LO 11250.

Last edited:
I am not going to use it, as it also has a rather thick neck (about 62mm) .

All C-band lnbs have thick necks. If you can find the scalar ring, I would give the lnb a try. Sometimes old lnbs work better than new ones. You can see the set-screw mark of the scalar ring near the number 38 on the lnb.

What's it look like inside the throat? One or two probes?? Picture?
I'll venture to say it's a C band LNBF. Weathered because of extreme conditions.

Picture of the scalar, please?
Flat or conical?

I agree with SatAV on it being a C band (5150) LNB.

Any idea what the original owner used it for?

I'm doubtful it was aimed at 119w. :)
If it had been used to get Dish Network, it would have had a circular Ku LNBF.

All just guesses.
What do you want to do with the dish?
Kind of overkill for most Ku FTA, unlesss you are out of footprint.
And I'm not enthusiastic about (buying) 6' dishes for C band, but since you got free ones, might as well go wild! ;)

It looks like any of the single output C-Band LNB's out there
pick your prefix (DMS, PMS, DCI, WSI, WXYZ) then 421

I think SatelliteAV called theirs the C1 (I think)

I have one looks just like it. Eagle Aspen C-band something like 15 degree LNBF. I haven't used it in many years! And won't again either.

FWIW: In that case, it may be a stacked, LO of 5150(h), 5750(v)?
Don't think it would work very well anyway with all the corrosion in the throat.
Sidenote: If you're ever comin' up to these parts, bring one 'o them 6 footers along. You can take back an 8.

nah stacked LNB"s look different

Here is an old pic of 2 LNB's on a 6 footer
left one...stacked
right one...looks the same as the OP's

Attachments

• 000_0673.jpg
    000_0673.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 179
Yeah, you're right. [Brainfart on my part] Gotta have isolation between the polarities. Can't do that 'in the same can'. But still think the proper place for it is 'in the bin' (trash)

I'll agree with one thing Fat Air said.
If you are serious about C band, keep on the lookout for a commercial 8', or most any 10' BUD.

"ER-861"

Gentlemen,
Thanks to your helpful replies I was able to find this (It refers to a "ER-861"):

Specifications
Input Frequency 3.4 to 4.2 GHz
L.O. Frequency 5150 MHz (500 KHz @ 25C)
L.O. Stability 1.5 MHz (-40 to +70C)
Output Frequency 950 to 1750 MHz
Conversion gain 55 dB typical
Input VSWR 2.5:1 (maximum)
Output VSWR 2.0:1 (maximum)
0utput connector F female connector
Output Impedance 75 ohms
Cross Polar Isolation 20 dB (minimum)
Image Rejection 45 dB (minimum)
Phase Noise -85 dBc @ 10 Khz (minimum)
Supply Voltage:
11.5 to 14.0 V (vertical)
16.0 to 19.0 V (horizontal)

Mine had no scalar ring. It was somehow fixed to a cracked (!) original Channel Master plastic feed support clamp (without its top part) with bale wire (thus the Caribbean way... :rolleyes: )

Saludos
Muchas gracias

Janin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)