Please help me to rate this deal for my friend

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
I have a buddy getting DISH tomorrow. I am a known "Dish hater" :( becuase of the hardware & customer service experiences I had with him.

He is getting:
510 or 522
2 basic receivers

Installed for $100 with 49.00 goign to the first months programming with a 2-year contract, is this a good deal or could he do better? the vendor is GoDish.com

Thanks fellas!

Installation should be free, no? Plus, this retailer may have their own commitment and early termination fee, which many retailers do. When ordering from Dish directly, there is no commitment anymore. Also, if he's getting an 811 and 522, why not just get a 942? It's an additonal $250 upfront. But, it's worth that to some.

Thanks Gary, after a quick look it appears that Dish Store.net also has better deal. Better because he gets a 625 instead of the 510/522. I would steer him there just because, I have worked with VE and I believe the satguys sponsors take care of the sat guys. I did see they do not have a deal that comes with a 942 ... which was the course I said he should go, I read about the 942 because I have the HR10-250 and it appears form the forums (Scott's Posts) that the 942 is actually pretty good hardware and is comparable to the HR10-250 minus the TiVo Apps.

DishStore.net guy: Can you do better? Can you get him the 942, and if so at what cost?

I bought a bunch of stuff for my workplace Dish accounts from Claude at DishStore. Very good pricing. Not the best. But very very good. (I would imagine it's the same as from Dish directly for new customers.) Combined with his extensive knowledge of Dish equipment and programming, and his honest business practices, I'd recommend them too.

slacker9876 said:
I read about the 942 because I have the HR10-250 and it appears form the forums (Scott's Posts) that the 942 is actually pretty good hardware and is comparable to the HR10-250 minus the TiVo Apps.
QUOTE]

942 has also some pluses when comparing to HR10-250.
I will just mention an excellent SD PQ, fast guide. :)

Minsk1 said:
slacker9876 said:
I read about the 942 because I have the HR10-250 and it appears form the forums (Scott's Posts) that the 942 is actually pretty good hardware and is comparable to the HR10-250 minus the TiVo Apps.
QUOTE]

942 has also some pluses when comparing to HR10-250.
I will just mention an excellent SD PQ, fast guide. :)

Well I think it is too late for my buddy, his installers are showing up at noon, well noon to 5, and he cannot spring for the 942 ... too bad for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts