Please help me

In about 6 minutes to cure my three days of no football...

Bad receiver...you have to allow your DVR to settle for 1/2 an hour before you EVER move it.

What, bad reciever? I unplug mine throw it into the backseat of the pickup and bounce it thousand miles down the road, plug it in and it works....all the time. And have for over a year now on a bi weekly basis.

Once the disk has spun down (should take less than 30 seconds), everything is safe. Them saying it has to settle for 1/2 hour is B.S.

Stuart...

He was here and gone in a matter of minutes.

He said because I turned off the receiver and moved it, the hard drive went. The tech sold me I had to wait 30 minutes after turning it off to move it.

It's a pile of crap, I know that.

I'm honestly not sure what happened to the receiver in moving it 20 feet, but somehow my hard drive fritzed out.

My only guess...

I was carrying static eletricity and fried the hard drive...

It's the only logical thing I could think of.

did you have to pay for a new one? that would suck, I really really dont believe you did something, I mean I guess I could buy the static electricty, but that is a rough pill to swallow

No...

I didn't have to pay, my 5.99 a month insurance through dish paid for the new one. I wouldn't have tv right now if I would have had to pay to replace the receiver.

I think I remember you saying you live in Ohio, I live in Northwest PA. You would have heard me swearing in Ohio, if I would have had to pay for the new box.

We where watching tv before we moved the box, and after we move it. It no longer works. I don't know what else to contribute it to, but sheer bad luck.

I think this is what happen, I think the hard drive was bad before you moved it, when the dvr starts up it automatically does a check disk, it then found out its problems, and shut itself down then, I really dont think you had anything to do with it, and yeah I do live in Ohio, glad you got back up and running

Thats my take too. Not just the hard drive but other receivers can do this too.

I call it "dead on your feet" . Cx has a working receiver till power goes off.

I've gotten in trouble with this myself. When powering up after a service call something is dead. Try to explain that to a cx.:)

Here's my next question. If I want to add a tv in my bedroom. Do I have just to hook a new line up to the switch, or what do I do?

Patchen:

Was that a 522 or 625 that died?

You have to treat the 625's like newborns... I dropped on about 2 feet, still on the box, on the way up the driveway... the thing fizzled out, kept rebooting! It's the only one I've ever had a problem with, and coincidentally, the only one I've dropped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)