Please help me

I figured out my other question...what I meant is this. If I hook one of the wires coming off the roof into the satelitte for tv 2, there would be no picture on TV 2 at all.

Read my above post, I think it has to do with the receiver itself now.

Patchen said:
I figured out my other question...what I meant is this. If I hook one of the wires coming off the roof into the satelitte for tv 2, there would be no picture on TV 2 at all.

Read my above post, I think it has to do with the receiver itself now.

Input 1 & 2 have no relation to output 1 & 2.

Check cables coming in from dish. If they are connected to the inputs (little pix of dish by them it has to work! It is easy to connect them to outputs. I do these every day and still screw up.

If it goes to the "1 of 50" cables are not going from dish switch to inputs.

Patchen said:
I think I'm officially screwed, I left my dish unplugged all night plugged it in and got this gigantic error, saying that one of the switches is bad, blah blah blah. It was a full page error that was all text.

I noticed something when I started my Box this morning though, my DVR sounded like it was going to explode. I think I managed to “jostle” it correctly in the 14 foot march across my living room that I screwed up my DVR 522 box.

I’m going to assume Dish is going to want me to pay for a whole new box to have TV back. It’s a wonderful world.

I would like inwo said above check my wires, it seems as though your box is seeing no satellite whatsoever, also I am not saying its not possible, but it is hard to jostle these bad boys, unless you dropped it, but moving it should be fine.

Okay,

There are only three wires coming into my house.

I know that the "third" wire going to the other tv hooked up to the dual dvr is correct. I never took that one off.

I guess that's where my problem lies, I've tried those other two wires in the other two "jacks" about 100 times each.

I don't see how my switch can go bad on a perfectly normal Friday afternoon. No rain-no snow, just a little clouds.

The only thing change was unhooking the box and those two damn wires.

A tech will be here tomorrow, I'll post when I find out what's going on.

Your switch isn't bad, the box just THINKS it is because it sure seems that you've got it hooked up wrong but the boys are having trouble communicating (and vice versa).

Can you take a picture of the back of the box (with the connections made) so we can see it? It's screaming "not hooked up right" to me based on what i've read here...

I've dropped my dvr, front panel hitting HARD, and it still worked...It's a bit sensitive now, but it turned right back on...

Backofdish.jpg

This should work...

Sorry to have doubted you! That should work. If you do a reset, then a switch check and it doesn't see switch, then its time for the tech.

The first thing tech will check is +21vdc on the cables at the dish (or switch).
This will tell him that cables are ok.

This is so strange as if either cable was ok it would work (somewhat).

Don't apologize...

Trust me, there's no need for it. I appreciate you trying to help.

The tech will be here tomorrow to hopefully get things squared away. I'm just glad that I've paid for the "insurance" through dish and my wife called me anal...

I appreciate all of the help, and I will post what the tech tells me tomorrow after he's gone.

Have a great day.

inwo said:
The first thing tech will check is +21vdc on the cables at the dish (or switch).
This will tell him that cables are ok.
While I carry a meter, it's not the first tool I use. The same SatBeeper I use for primary aiming works just fine to determine if there's any voltage from the receiver, and is faster to use. :)

Of course, it will NOT tell me if the voltage is correct - it just buzzes when it sees DC.

Simon,

Thought you might have a dif take on this one. :)
Stumped me.

I should have added that it checks rec output to lnb also.

I use led/f connectors that I make up. Have one in every pocket and drawer.

Patchen- Please tell us what your cable configuration is from the receiver to the wall plate... the main cables we are concerned with are 1) SAT 1 Input, 2) SAT 2 Input, and 3) TV2 OUT.
- Do you have a DUAL wall plate for both SAT IN cables, or one SINGLE wall plate

- Does your TV 2 OUT from the receiver get combined into the SAT IN cables, or does it take off on its own to the TV2 location?

- And finally.... are you using the same wall plate, or a wall plate at a different location? I know this question sounds dumb, but believe me it's very important.

It sounds as if the line that you plugged into is not connected to a switch/LNB. When its running a 1 of 50 (which seems strange to me, should be 38) it means that the reciever is not detecting any switch or LNB configuration.

ITK said:
It sounds as if the line that you plugged into is not connected to a switch/LNB. When its running a 1 of 50 (which seems strange to me, should be 38) it means that the reciever is not detecting any switch or LNB configuration.
Actually, it means that it's looking throught the various Legacy configurations.

And the 50 over 38 has to do with selecting "Alternate" (I think).

SimpleSimon said:
Actually, it means that it's looking throught the various Legacy configurations.

And the 50 over 38 has to do with selecting "Alternate" (I think).

Im not sure what your talking about re: alternate, maybe i skipped past that portion of the thread. regardless, when its doing a test like that on any of the DP recievers it simply means that its not "seeing" a switch or LNB and that it yes is looking thru the legacy configs...but i digress. he did say hes using a dual tuner didnt he?

Your not hooked into a satellite feed. check out your DP 34 switch thats in line with your superdish.

Thanks Stuart...

No wallplate.

And it's impossible for this thing to get unhooked by moving the receiver 20 feet across my living room. There's no reason why my switch should have come unhooked.

Just curious, Patchen did you unplug the receiver from your electrical outlet prior to disconnecting the coax cables from the receiver and reconnecting the coax cables prior to plugging the receiver back in? If not done in this order it is possible to short out the the power supply for the switch located in the receiver.

Frank Jr. said:
Just curious, Patchen did you unplug the receiver from your electrical outlet prior to disconnecting the coax cables from the receiver and reconnecting the coax cables prior to plugging the receiver back in? If not done in this order it is possible to short out the the power supply for the switch located in the receiver.

I was going to say the same thing. You could've shorted the switch out by leaving the receiver powered on while reconnecting the satellite signal cables back in. Checking 50 steps in a new DP (Plus) system probably means that it's not detecting ANY signal. I think either your receiver or your switch is toast now. Or like someone suggested, the wires came off the switch. But if you inspected your dish setup, then that possiblity can easily be checked..

Well...

Yea, I did unplug it before I unhooked the line.

Just a habit, if I move or unhook anything I unplug it. I worked in construction for a while and saw the effects of eletricity on people a couple too many times.

Dish should be here in a couple of hours, I'll post the end to my saga then.

I really appreciate everyone's advice and help. You guys and gals are great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts