Please help me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KDRE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
Ok, i have 3 rooms hooked up from Dish.

The living room has an 811 hooked up to a HD RPTV

The two bedrooms have a 625 dvr

OK, the dilemma is i just got a plasma tv for my bedroom

I want HD service for it, but dont want to take the DVR away really, but I can suffice to leave it with the kids room if they permit.

My question is, what can I do because I cannot afford to pay 299 upfront for an HD DVR, im really not even interested in an HD DVR to be honest.

Should I just ask them for another 811 box? Or an upgraded box?

Suggestions guys... they're all appreciated

Mike, I think they will activate an 811, the key is he already has one and the old HD service.

Somebody who never had HD before, those are the ones that can't get it with an 811.

You may be right that the leases are no longer available though.

So whats my options here.... Get a 211 or another 811? Is it even worth getting another 811?

If you get a 211, you will have to upgrade to one of the DishHD matallic packages, and will end up paying $10-15 more a month(although you would get ESPN2HD, Universal HD, and all the VOOM channels).

If you are happy with the HD package that you have, stick with another 811.

Ok. Thanks alot RobertsD. I do really want the Voom channels just for the Thunderbirds, and animania for my girls, but im not sure its worth that much though.

Link to my equipment upgrades, below. You would have to go to http://www.dishnetwork.com and then log in or register and go to your personal equipment upgrades. I would think they would be the same but I am not sure.

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/hdex.do

It seems to me you could get a 211 for $49. I guess, as someone else stated, you would probably have to upgrade your programming package with the 211. You would have to ask about installation and dish upgrade fees but the way I understand it they are included in the upgrade fee.

You could call 1-800-333-DISH (dishnetwork) and tell them your situation and see what they recommend.

I would think you could put your 625, used in single mode, in the kids room, keep your 811, and upgrade to a 211 for a total of 3 tvs. You would have to decide which hd tv you would want which hd receiver on. The one with the 211 would have the upgraded hd programming package. There would however be added fees from what you have now.

I just tried my equipment upgrade link I have above and it didn't work. Perhaps, because I had to log in for it originally. So, you would probably have to go to dishnetwork.com as stated above and log in yourself for available upgrades.

KDRE said:
Ok. Thanks alot RobertsD. I do really want the Voom channels just for the Thunderbirds, and animania for my girls, but im not sure its worth that much though.
Have you been a lease customer for at least 1yr.? You are allowed 1 upgrade per year and you must be on the system for 1 yr. before you can upgrade.:)

boba said:
Have you been a lease customer for at least 1yr.? You are allowed 1 upgrade per year and you must be on the system for 1 yr. before you can upgrade.:)

I switched over right before Voom went dark so it hasnt been a full year.

boba said:
With the addition of MPEG4, the previous year doesn't matter. Even if you just got something like the 942 a month ago, they will let you upgrade to one of the MPEG4 recievers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts