Please help with this slimline 5 self install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmpellet

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
MA
I have a slimline 5 non swm lnb with an hr24 dvr to connect. I'm wondering if my settings are correct. I have in the menu Slimline 5 for the dish, multiswitch, and single tuner. I'm using the 1st connector on the lnb and the first satellite in on the dvr. There is a bbc connector and for now I have the tv connected using an hdmi cable from the dvr to the tv. Does this sound ok outside the actual alignment? Thanks!!

So in the menu there are a ton of slimlines. Do I simply choose the slimline 5? I keep getting the following error: a satellite signal could not be detected. Please check your installation and re-test.

This dvr was originally on a swm system. Could that be a problem?

I did that and it still won't go. No sure what else to do.

Here's my test setup. Dish mounted as good as I can for the test. Cable in first of four connection. Cable goes directly into bbc and bbc goes into satellite in 1 on dvr. Tv connected via hdmi. Settings in menu are slimline 5, multiswitch, single. Upon reboot get error: there is a problem communicating with the satellite dish (775). I need help:). Ready to ditch the whole project!

Here's my test setup. Dish mounted as good as I can for the test. Cable in first of four connection. Cable goes directly into bbc and bbc goes into satellite in 1 on dvr. Tv connected via hdmi. Settings in menu are slimline 5, multiswitch, single. Upon reboot get error: there is a problem communicating with the satellite dish (775). I need help:). Ready to ditch the whole project!

Keep rebooting it. Switching back and forth from SWM to legacy is a pain at times. It could take minutes or hours

What do you do exactly for a reboot? Take the card out, flip the reset switch? Is there a chance it won't go as it was previously setup for a swm system, although never connected.

Last edited:
Upon every reboot it comes up as slimline-5, swm, dual. If I change to multiswitch then press continue it still shows no satellite. Reboot again comes up as same settings. Just to confirm reboot is pressing red button.

Do I need to select something other than slimline-5. There are so many choices.

Do I need to select something other than slimline-5. There are so many choices. I just can't figure this out!

You have to be aimed into the satellites for the setting to take I know this is a PIA
however it does it auto when hooked back to swm setup
U may have to go back toReset everything in menu

The dish is aimed to the best of our ability until we can test including plumb, align, azimuth, angle. I've rebooted it and reset it to multiswitch probably 20 times no joke! Can you list the steps in order? I appreciate the help a lot!!

The dish is aimed to the best of our ability until we can test including plumb, align, azimuth, angle. I've rebooted it and reset it to multiswitch probably 20 times no joke! Can you list the steps in order? I appreciate the help a lot!!

You can set it for slimline 5 and switch type multi switch and then go to signal strength and peak it in that way. It doesn't have to be spot on to get it going. Just either Skype a call with somebody pointed at the tv or get somebody to tell you when the signals are starting to come in and lock it down and then dither it

First do you have the settings to set up dish where u are?
Then go to menu>setting&help>settings>satellite>view signal strength
Do you have readings above 70 ??
if not adj to highest level you can get
I will wait for reply
Confirm You are using 04-SL5 & 02-multiswitch

Last edited:
Trouble is I get all zeros no matter what I do. That's at 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)